Reverting to the default location ???

Hello Guys

Hoping to find a helper in here.

I´ve installed FM 09 through STEAM and the game worked fine. But i do not like the way to play it through STEAM/Intenet ( Call me oldfashioned :-) )

I deinstalled FM + STEAM and afterwards i tried to install FM the "normal way" direct on my C drive with a shortcut on the desk.

All this without problems - BUT when i want to play the game after re-installing i am not able to start - it gives me following message :

COULD NOT USE DATABASE LOCATION ´C/programmes/steam/steamapps/common/fm2009/data/updates/update-910/db/910´ - reverting to the default location !!!!

What do i do ? I deinstalled both STEAM and FM the right way through ( i didnt just delete it on the C-drive )

I realise it is something about the patch. Does anyone seem to help me ?

Thanks in advance !

As that location is mentioning steam and you seem to be saying that you have removed steam I would personally search for the new installed Fm09 folder (via search on the menu orb) and go into the folder and find the FM.exe icon. Double click this icon and see whether it will load the game. If it does then right click the icon and click add to desktop and use this shortcut now and not the old one.

Archived