Are Sega breaking the law?

Are Sega are breaking the law with this game. How i hear you ask well here it is:

1. FALSE ADVERTISING: On system requirements on the back of the box it DOES NOT state ANYWHERE that an internet connection/phone is REQUIRED to play this game. Therefore i have purchased a dud game. My bro has ALL the requirements to PLAY this but not to run it, no fault of either of us HE cant. As the game is NOT faulty, the store where i purchased it will NOT give me a refund. In reply to my own post previous i am taking it upon myself to DEMAND a code to be able put this on my bro's pc.

2. The TELE-MARKETING SCAM: I purchased the game at £29.99, therefore i own the game right? WRONG i only own A PART, i now have to phone some dodgy number and spend MORE money being put on hold. A tele-marketing scam works by keeping you on the line for a long time, the longer your on the more money they get AND EVEN MORE ON A MOBILE (for the kind person who suggested i use my mobile i tried but gave up around 7-8mins of being kept waiting it gets expensive). So i guess, that after spending MORE money than the purchase price, i then get the rest of the game?

MAYBE just MAYBE you can help out the people who are in a similar situation to me and let us play the game with NO EXTRA EXPENSE (free phone number for a start you geniouses!) or supply a UNIQUE code required to play the game INSIDE the box, sealed. OR REFUND me all the money i spent on this (purchase price and phone calls made to your "number").

Any queries please read my prev post at 21:06

In a sense you are quite correct. I dont believe the box does say that an internet connection is required. However due to the fact you can register via the phone it would certain not breach any advertising rules. I am rather shocked that Sega are using pay phone system when you are given little choice but to register the game. I do feel they should at least warn of this on the box.

Legally you dont have much of a right to your money back. Sega have technically not broken the law. Even if they did you have to get your money back from the vendor you purchased the game from that is whom your contract is with.

I can only suggest that you could write a letter to trading standards. You may have a point about the phone line charges which certainly could be considered to be expoliting the fact you have to register the game.

Are Sega are breaking the law with this game. How i hear you ask well here it is:

1. FALSE ADVERTISING: On system requirements on the back of the box it DOES NOT state ANYWHERE that an internet connection/phone is REQUIRED to play this game. Therefore i have purchased a dud game. My bro has ALL the requirements to PLAY this but not to run it, no fault of either of us HE cant. As the game is NOT faulty, the store where i purchased it will NOT give me a refund. In reply to my own post previous i am taking it upon myself to DEMAND a code to be able put this on my bro's pc.

2. The TELE-MARKETING SCAM: I purchased the game at £29.99, therefore i own the game right? WRONG i only own A PART, i now have to phone some dodgy number and spend MORE money being put on hold. A tele-marketing scam works by keeping you on the line for a long time, the longer your on the more money they get AND EVEN MORE ON A MOBILE (for the kind person who suggested i use my mobile i tried but gave up around 7-8mins of being kept waiting it gets expensive). So i guess, that after spending MORE money than the purchase price, i then get the rest of the game?

MAYBE just MAYBE you can help out the people who are in a similar situation to me and let us play the game with NO EXTRA EXPENSE (free phone number for a start you geniouses!) or supply a UNIQUE code required to play the game INSIDE the box, sealed. OR REFUND me all the money i spent on this (purchase price and phone calls made to your "number").

Any queries please read my prev post at 21:06

You're wrong on each point for many reasons. The reasons have all been covered elsewhere I'm afraid. At length.

Check the stickies for technical help.

Archived