Problems with Microsoft site...

Hi,

Im getting the game on Friday and im trying to prepare in advance to avoid as many problems as possible as I just want to get playing asap!

However every time I go on the Microsoft site and try to install any updates such as Direct X e.t.c...I get to the download page > click continue > and then I get the dreaded 'Page Cannot be displayed'...

Any advice on why this is happening?

Any help is very much appreciated :)

Hi,

Im getting the game on Friday and im trying to prepare in advance to avoid as many problems as possible as I just want to get playing asap!

However every time I go on the Microsoft site and try to install any updates such as Direct X e.t.c...I get to the download page > click continue > and then I get the dreaded 'Page Cannot be displayed'...

The MS server is down ifits a page not found else its over subscribed

Pending the game purchase download the demo and if it works fine then so should the full version

The MS server is down ifits a page not found else its over subscribed

Pending the game purchase download the demo and if it works fine then so should the full version

Thanks for the quick response :)

I downloaded the Demo but when it tried to install the Direct X player it kept saying 'unable to connect please check your internet connection or try again later' :confused:

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response :)

I downloaded the Demo but when it tried to install the Direct X player it kept saying 'unable to connect please check your internet connection or try again later' :confused:

Mmm, you are able to connect elsewhere on the net?

I'm be pretty sure you have the required direct x version for FM09 if you play other games. If you really need direct x try a search for the download on another reputable site. Most games these days normally have a direct x version with it as part of the install

This does seem strange and not an issue I've had

Have yo tried a search on the techy forums? Sorry I can't help more

Mmm, you are able to connect elsewhere on the net?

I'm be pretty sure you have the required direct x version for FM09 if you play other games. If you really need direct x try a search for the download on another reputable site. Most games these days normally have a direct x version with it as part of the install

This does seem strange and not an issue I've had

Have yo tried a search on the techy forums? Sorry I can't help more

Cheers...I will have a browse.

You have been really helpful anyway, thanks for the info mate. ;)

The problem with the demo is the following...

I download the setup e.t.c

...and then I download the FM files...

However then it comes up with a box to initialize Direct X and prompts a license agreement screen...

...Then it says 'connection failed. Retry later or check your connections'

...any heads up on how to get around that :confused:

Could it be blocked by a firewall setting?

ah, perhaps its an activation problem. Have you yet been asked to key in the code on the back of your manual.

try also reading the sticky on activation problems. Possibly the activation server is down. I've already a steam account due to HL2 etc but perhaps you can download this and set up a steam account. This may give you an alternative ?

ah, perhaps its an activation problem. Have you yet been asked to key in the code on the back of your manual.

try also reading the sticky on activation problems. Possibly the activation server is down. I've already a steam account due to HL2 etc but perhaps you can download this and set up a steam account. This may give you an alternative ?

Do you need to have a Steam account or activation code for the demo? :confused:

If you have a steam account, then you can choose either Steam or the alternative to activate the game for you. Both should ask for the key on the manual. With steam it will auto download the patch for you as well

Do you need to have a Steam account or activation code for the demo? :confused:

No you don't and if you have a mac you don't need to activate the full game anyway! What make\type of graphics card do you have? You might be able to get an updated version of direct x from the website of your graphics card manufacturer\supplier.

Archived