Big Club Jobs

ive yet to get one when managing Luton only lost 4 times in the league and have been turned down by C.Palace, Valencia, Lazio, Liverpool, Newcastle, Q.P.R, Middlesbrough and im 4th in hall of fame behind SAF, Schuster and Strachan

In my game I am currently in season 12, had 5 seasons with queensland roar and dominated everything in australia including 3 asian champions leagues, then my plan was to move to Blegium, tried for ages for a job and could only get the team who had just got promoted and didnt have a manager. I then won 3 belgian titles in 5 years and tried to move to england and got turned down for loads of teams until finally hull offered me the job.

So in short, I think it's very hard to get a big club job.

Yeah, same here. It just seems impossible to do so. :( *maybe I'm not that good yet*

But just wondering was anyone ever frustrated to see their favourite side IRL do very badly in FMH? I was, once, when the Red Devils finished 9th in the season even behind the likes of Hull City and Middlesbrough. ):

• 2 weeks later...

I had 3 or 4 times more points than the 2nd place manager in the hall of fame in my man city game after having won everything more than once and have now applied for all 4 of the top jobs and not got ANY OF THEM with the liverpool and arsenal jobs coming up twice so been turned down 6 times altogether and infact a championship manager got the liverpool job the 2nd time .

I find this so so dissapointing as one of the main reasons you play is to get better and better jobs which is still not gonna happen in england no matter how well you do. so whats the point ?

The difficulty of getting big jobs is very realistic. In my game I started with an australian team and worked my way through belgium england and germany with medium clubs before getting the stuttgart job and then the chelsea job.

I don't think hall of fame points matter because those only count from when the game starts. If you think realistically a manager who has had a couple of seasons with man city winning cups etc with basically an unlimited budget isn't going to get a huge job ahead of someone like ancelotti or schaaf who have been managing at the highest level for years.

The game would be stupid if you could get a huge job after 1 or 2 seasons. If you want to play as Man United just start as them.

I find this so so dissapointing as one of the main reasons you play is to get better and better jobs which is still not gonna happen in england no matter how well you do. so whats the point ?

If that was the whole point in playing you wouldn't start the game with Man City, you'd give yourself a challenge and start in the BSP. Like I said before the hall of fame points only start counting from the season the game starts. Other managers have huge reputations before your career started.

If you think about it and HoF points were collated, someone like Allardyce at Bolton or Gary Johnson at Yeovil/Bristol City would have had an absolute ton, but you'd never think they would come anywhere near getting a big job. In real life if you bring a club up from the basement no matter how spectacularly the only clubs who will take a gamble on you are the Blackburns and Middlesbroughs. If you're successful with them you might get a shot at Spuds/Newcastle stature clubs, and if you're really incredibly successful with them you might one day get one chance at a Chelsea/Man Utd type job.

Edit - Incidentally I think Gary Johnson will manage in the Premiership one day and do a good job of it

I think, to get the top 4 teams, you must be at least successful in Europe. Either in the UEFA or Champions League. I think you need to win either one of the trophies at least once. What I've noticed is that the big clubs offer the managerial jobs to someone who is proven at European level or at International level or both.

managing man utd is nearly impossible no matter how many cl cups and wc cups you have won they still dont want you

maybe si integrated Ferguson to the game if you know what i mean

Next time the job's up I'll apply and let you know. Ancelotti got it after Fergie was sacked and he's nearly been bumped off half a dozen times since. He did just beat my Barcelona team to the Champions League so he'll probably hang on another little while.

Also, I just got the Roma job as well.

I definitely believe it. In my 30 season game I was getting offered every big club job that came up without even applying by the last few seasons. Probably due to the fact I had won everything in 4 countries and I think its been mentioned before, you definitely seem to have to have won the champions league before the big clubs look at you though. I didnt get offered any decent jobs until after I won the euro cup and then after I won the champs league with stuttgart I could walk into any job I wanted.

I do believe him but dont at the same time if you get me lol and why would you go from barcelona to roma,your takin a few steps down not up there.

Because I'd won everything in Spain and wanted a new challenge (if you read My Career So Far thread you'll see I'm trying to win every available trophy in my 30 seasons - you can't win the Coppa Italia with Barcelona) - Roma were the best available job when I decided to leave. I was turned down for a few jobs (Roma, Lazio, Fiorentina and Barcelona) when I was managing Blackburn, but since then I haven't been rejected by anyone.

Archived