Creating rivals, legends, icons etc

I'm playing as TSG 1899 Hoffenheim and from the start they have no rivals at all and no legends or icons either. It's the 3rd season now and a couple of my players have become favoured personnel, so i assume it's just a matter of time and performance etc for them or myself to become club legends or icons.

However, how can i go about forming club rivalries? As enjoyable this game is, it's missing something when you don't have any derbies or rival matches to look forward to. From looking at a German map, our 3 nearest Bundesliga teams are Stuttgart, Frankfurt and Karlsruhe (our nearest team are semi-pros SVW Mannheim who we have as a feeder club) - should i attempt to taunt these 3 teams before matches? Or just play mind games with every team?

Thanks.

Its one of those things I would of hoped would've been added to the game prior to the frivolous additions of this year. It would certainly have added to the whole experience of the (especially long term) games and further instilled the idea of your own 'parallel FM universe', seeing your side develop rivalries with sides that it mightn't have in real life. But hey it probably wouldn't shift units unfortunately.

Archived