Sluggish Performance

Hey guys, i was just wondering if anybody else is having problems with the game being sluggish!

At first i thought it was cuz i had lots of leagues running, but i tried it with just prem division, and its still sluggish... the 3d match engine is fine.. its the actuall interface... i have to click things 2-3 times before it actually does anything?

Its not my computer.. i've got a Quad-core, 3gig ram, 8600 gfx...

anybody have any ideas?

what PC spec do you have? and what Operating System are you running?

Are you running other applications?

Is your hard disk full

Have you run a defrag

One of the common problems is a small amount of ram

Have a look and report back and maybe I can help

QuadCore Q6600 2.4ghz

3.00GB Ram

Vista Home Premium

nVidia GeForce 8600

Defraged, 155gb free space. No other applications running

Your specs sound more than enough. What leagues etc are you running and how many countries have you loaded all players from?

Well, my main game i have running is England, Scotland, Spain and Italy.. only the top divisions of Spain and italy... all the detail changed to min!

But tried a new game, just with Prem league, no others... and still get the same.

QuadCore Q6600 2.4ghz

3.00GB Ram

Vista Home Premium

nVidia GeForce 8600

Defraged, 155gb free space. No other applications running

The issues with sluggish performance is being looked into for the next patch, as far as I know.

I think this chap may need to investigate other potential problems first. Good to see a female FM player here :)

Im having the same problem. My laptop well exceeds the min specs and im experiencing a lot of sluggishness with the game interface. The match engine runs fine and processing times are pretty good it just seems to be when I switch between screens.

Bit of a pain in the arse tbf.

The game is running quicker on my computer than 08 ever did. I have more leagues running, and the 3D working.
Im having the same problem. My laptop well exceeds the min specs and im experiencing a lot of sluggishness with the game interface. The match engine runs fine and processing times are pretty good it just seems to be when I switch between screens.

Bit of a pain in the arse tbf.

Are you using a different skin? If so go back to the original

Nah, mine is the basic skin, not playing any music etc etc... the 3rd is smooth, the process times are rapid...just like, if i click my name, and then squad.. i had to like 3-4 times on my name, then 3 of 4 times on squad, before it registers!

I think the specifications required, are in fact, a bit more than what should be necessary for this type of game. I know this isn't completely relevant but im just saying their are ways of making games run well on slower pc when it comes to programming.

I don't really have this problem, only occasionally. I think the interface is generally quite slow itself, and your specifications are more than enough to create what should be a very responsive interface.

I have the same problem. Been posting about it in several threads. Running on a Q6700 2.66 GHz with 4GB RAM on Vista Home Premium. Disk has been cleaned, defragmented and God knows what. Still have about 700GB available space on my harddrive. Interesting thing is that occassionally it just flies through everything, but then it's back to the lag again.

No other programs (other than the essential ones) or AV is running in the background. Services that aren't necessary have been disabled. I'm no computer expert but i'm not a newbie either, but something ain't right - to put it that way.

The 3d graphic is quite similar to the games seen on late '80 years and the game is still sluggish even with Nahlem + a 4870 X2 so it must be fixed otherwise it is impossible for me to get rid of the demo in favour of the vanilla version.

I have the same problem. Been posting about it in several threads. Running on a Q6700 2.66 GHz with 4GB RAM on Vista Home Premium. Disk has been cleaned, defragmented and God knows what. Still have about 700GB available space on my harddrive. Interesting thing is that occassionally it just flies through everything, but then it's back to the lag again.

No other programs (other than the essential ones) or AV is running in the background. Services that aren't necessary have been disabled. I'm no computer expert but i'm not a newbie either, but something ain't right - to put it that way.

sounds exactly the same problem. Your spec is is easily good enough

Perhaps you have some other activity like anti-virus running, doing an update or running a scan.

As an option disable the internet connection temporaily then disable the anti virus and see how it runs?

Archived