Board takeovers and job security

Manager of Newcastle, first season. I'm sitting third in the Prem.

That's Ashley just sold the club to some new guy from Watford and his first message is that I should be performing slightly better in my role as manager!! Rumours are he wants Stoichkov to replace me?!

Anyone ever actually been booted out unfairly after a board takeover?

Yeah it could happen that you get fired... Its quite normal actually to see a new chairman bringing in his own new manager... I had the same with Racing Club... led the club to a 2nd place starting at 15th and still got fired...simply because they didnt like me as a coach... its frustrating but normal

I got taking over by a portugal businessman which took 7 months to complete, no mention about my job security, i finished 6th in prem and get offered a new 2 year contract from 12k a week to 88k per week :eek:

Aswell as that, he gave me 80mil to spend in transfer window :D

My mate started his own game as Newcastle, got took over by Derek Lambias and got told there was no money available haha

my rushden side got taken over, just won promotion into league one on the bounce from being in promoted into league 2, i got sacked and replaced by ian holloway :S

now im manager of peterborough in coca cola champ trying desperatly to stay mid table and not slip into the relegation battle

Archived