Chairman Selling Players :@

It something that I like in the game, it's adds to the challenge. I always thought it was too easy to keep hold of your best players in FM. This year, I've lost three or four players I want to keep because I'm not at a big club. I love the challenge.

You can offer the player a new contract after the chairman accepts the offer, and if he accepts your offer over the other club, then he will obviously stay at your club.

• 1 month later...

A quick one from me, is there any way in-game to tell what personality your chairman is ??

Im guessing without any answers that it is through the activity you get from him around transfer windows or if the bank balance drops low and suddenly there is the 'Sugar-Daddy' cash pump to the club...?

• 1 month later...

According to this topic: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=101865&highlight=cancel+transfer

you can indeed "undermine your chairman" by cancelling the bids he accepts via the Transfer Center.

I've not yet had opportunity to test this myself, but others say it works.

Don't know whether or not this was 'fixed' in the 3rd patch though?

i think this is a part of the game the needs looking at, i had ramon a brazilian wonderkid cb at q.p.r, and my chairman

accepted a 24 million bid as it was to good to refuse, a fair prie ive no arguments there

however, i had 80 million in the bank, and the player did not want to leave, once my chairman accepted the bid his status became unhappy at me for accepting transfer offers so left anyway

i may be wrong but i think your finances is irrelavent in your chairman accepting bids, and i think your chairmen should only intervene if the club is short on cash or perhaps if the offer is astronomicaly stupid you have to accept.

i understand from somewhere each player in the game has a sale value, im guessing this and the players rep against the amount offered is all that determines it, which is wrong, just look at utd with ronaldo this summer club dident need the money player stayed

as with reading and stephen hunt

i may be wrong but i think your finances is irrelavent in your chairman accepting bids, and i think your chairmen should only intervene if the club is short on cash or perhaps if the offer is astronomicaly stupid you have to accept.

I disagree with that, chairmen and boards are driven by money. AFAIC the game is realistic in that context.

Archived