Transfer Rumors are Whacked

Who are these guys that I am apparently linked with? How does the game determine who my club is interested in signing it just a completely random player selection?

I can understand that sometimes players are falsely linked to a club when there is no truth to the rumor but it seems in 09 that almost 100% of the rumors surrounding my club are completely unfounded. Anyone else see this in their game? What is the point of the rumor page if it is just useless info?

I like it because it shows me who the sides around me are looking to buy, and if they're good enough I swoop in and try to steal them. Even if they aren't actually after the player, it usually shows some obscure players who are good but you would have really struggled to find otherwise.

It is a far better feature than being asked all the time if you want to sign a player who is on your shortlist. I hated that part of FM 08. Plus, the papers are always linking clubs to players. I think this feature is good as i have signed a player i hadn't seen who the transfer rumour said i wanted. I didn't, but i did after they said that.

welcome to real life.

papers and other media sources are always speculating on which players certain clubs want to buy so why should this be any different

so in real life the media speculates that the Spurs are interested in a rubbish 30+ year old players from the second division in Brazil??????

welcome to real life.

papers and other media sources are always speculating on which players certain clubs want to buy so why should this be any different

Thing is, in real life some rumors are actually based on something. In FM I'm yet to be linked with anyone I've even hard of previously.

There needs to be variety. Some rumors are supposed to be out of nothing, but some need to be accurate as well.

My Blackpool squad currently has to right backs,but one is very old,and i have not renewed his contract.In the january window,I was always linked with Right backs.Similarly A season ago,I had only one left midfielder,and in the transfer rumours page,it showed that I was interested in a left midfielder

The AI,i think so takes in squad size,contracts and player performances into concern,while making transfer rumours

I find the transfer rumours quite entertaining, actually. It adds a nice layer of reality while not changing the complexity to any major degree. I did find it somewhat laughable, however, when in the demo I bought a new goalkeeper to bring my squad up to three decent RL GKs (one going out on loan) only to find that straight after, I was linked with about five more goalkeeper transfers. How many GKs do the press think I need?

My Blackpool squad currently has to right backs,but one is very old,and i have not renewed his contract.In the january window,I was always linked with Right backs.Similarly A season ago,I had only one left midfielder,and in the transfer rumours page,it showed that I was interested in a left midfielder

The AI,i think so takes in squad size,contracts and player performances into concern,while making transfer rumours

I'm not sure about that. I'm playing Milan and have a number of quality AMC. Yet, transfer rumours link me with some AMC which I've never heard of before. I admit that he's good, but not sure if he's needed in my squad (where Ronaldinho, Kaka, Luigi Bruins, Eyong Enoh,... have already giving headache in choosing the starting XI). However what I need is 2 WBs and a GK.

Off topic: One feature I find useful is that Assistant manager report suggest which player I should buy to cover the squad's weakest position.

I'm not sure about that. I'm playing Milan and have a number of quality AMC. Yet, transfer rumours link me with some AMC which I've never heard of before. I admit that he's good, but not sure if he's needed in my squad (where Ronaldinho, Kaka, Luigi Bruins, Eyong Enoh,... have already giving headache in choosing the starting XI). However what I need is 2 WBs and a GK.

Off topic: One feature I find useful is that Assistant manager report suggest which player I should buy to cover the squad's weakest position.

Well,a majority of the players I am linked with are not needed by me,but 25% are true

Thing is, in real life some rumors are actually based on something. In FM I'm yet to be linked with anyone I've even hard of previously.

There needs to be variety. Some rumors are supposed to be out of nothing, but some need to be accurate as well.

The current transfer rumour around my club is that I'm interested in one of the players whom I have on my shortlist and whom I have a scout following. :D

IRL, I heard a radio interview recently with a baseball GM, who said that he read a big article in a major newspaper about some player who was flying to New York (his club) for a physical. He and the player's agent were in talks about a *different* player that the agent was representing, and got great amusement out of it .. because it was the first either of them had heard about this so-called physical.

(Apparently somebody spotted them together, and knew that the agent represented Player A, drew conclusions, and got an "unnamed source within the club" to give him "the scoop".)

Which brings up the FM journalists - if you've edited the journalists file, you'll know that there are different FM journo personality types. I won't say too much to avoid spoilers for those who don't want them .. but one type is "dishonest", so, just like IRL, you aren't going to be able to believe everything you read.

when i started with man utd it kept linking me 2 gks even tho i hadnt declared intrest in any, this contiued for about 6 months. they wasnt even any good.very annoying cause i love looking at who players are linked to. will be nice if man city run out of money soon, as about 5 rumours are always about them

Archived