Pre-Contract Signings???

On football manager 06 when you reached the 30th december you could 'approach to sign' and offer contracts to players out of contract on 30th june the following year.

I thought this would be the same on fm 2008 but im now into the january transfer window and there's no option to offer contracts to players out of contract in the summer, even though I was sent a reminder of all my shortlisted that will be out of contract in the summer.

Is it not possible on this game?

Any explanations?

On football manager 06 when you reached the 30th december you could 'approach to sign' and offer contracts to players out of contract on 30th june the following year.

I thought this would be the same on fm 2008 but im now into the january transfer window and there's no option to offer contracts to players out of contract in the summer, even though I was sent a reminder of all my shortlisted that will be out of contract in the summer.

Is it not possible on this game?

Any explanations?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lfc 4 ever:

it works ok on mine mate not allowed to offer a contract to them till the 1st of jan tho an i think its april to offer 1 to a player in same country hope it helps </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gif Most/all(?) EU countries you can offer a player a contract 6 months before their contract expires, except to players in the league/country you are playing in.

Other countries have different or no pre-contract rules, that I don't really know about; but countries such as Turkey, Brazil and USA have different rules.

Archived