A couple of new challenges

While waiting for the new version, and having played out a very successful Liverpool career, i was wondering what challenge i could do.

i came up with these 2 (although one isn't much of a challenge, more of an indulgance!).

1) Manage a team, but not to buy a single player! You can sell to trim the squad to make way for any new generated players but that's it.

2) Using the Sugar daddy cheat, see what the best players you can attract to a conference team, and make an all star FMH squad to rise through the ranks! Only stip being that i can't buy anyone aged over 23!

I'd like to hear any comments from you guys! Off to start the rising through the ranks challenge. Will keep you informed... icon_razz.gif

While waiting for the new version, and having played out a very successful Liverpool career, i was wondering what challenge i could do.

i came up with these 2 (although one isn't much of a challenge, more of an indulgance!).

1) Manage a team, but not to buy a single player! You can sell to trim the squad to make way for any new generated players but that's it.

2) Using the Sugar daddy cheat, see what the best players you can attract to a conference team, and make an all star FMH squad to rise through the ranks! Only stip being that i can't buy anyone aged over 23!

I'd like to hear any comments from you guys! Off to start the rising through the ranks challenge. Will keep you informed... icon_razz.gif

I like #1, but I could see that becoming a big problem 5 or 6 years down the road, especially in goal as starting goalies tend to be the oldest members of a team... I shudder at the thought of having a 40yr old duffer in net.

#2 is meh to me, but I like the idea of no one over 23... I think it would be interesting to play in any division with an age cap like that... although I'd lower it to 22 or 21 just to be silly...

and doing the reverse, no one under 32 or some such nonsense could be quite a bit of fun... i can just see those poor wingers now, having to take a full game off after every one they've played because the old farts have no stamina anymore icon_smile.gif

What about a challenge where you are not allowed to play or sign foreign players.

ie - if you are managing Rangers, you need to sell all you foreign players and sign only Scottish ones so that you have 11 Scots in the first team and 7 on the bench.

Well I've started the conference all atar challenehe. Playing as Accrington, I've managed to attract the following players to the club:

simon vukovic

Anthony Vanden Borre

Micha Richards

Michael Mills

Pablo Oré

Lula

Tales

Schmoller

Javier Saviola

Cleberson

Arron Lennon

Kasper Schmicael

Pipoca

Javier Mashcerano

Robertinho

Kerlon

Like to get in another provenen goalscorer and slightly more experieneced central midfielder. Started using 4-2-4 at home and 4-1-3-2 away as Mascherano is far better as the holding midfielder than in a regular 4 man midfield.

Archived