What is the best FM?

I know this has probably been asked a million times before, but I’m thinking about ditching FM09 and going back to an earlier version of the game.

But I don’t know which one. I was thinking FM07...

What do you think was the best FM?

I think the key to enjoying FM is getting to grips with tactics and the match engine. I managed that with FM07, I think, so I was really into that. I've just started using the guide in the Tactics and Training Forum for FM09 and I'm now playing good stuff. So FM09 is getting close to overtaking FM07 for me.

Haven't bought FM09, will wait till after Christmas, but in reply to the original question, for me it was FM06. Mainly because it was reasonably easy and I actually managed to master it!

Having played the FM09 demo patched, it does look a very playable game, I'm just concerned I may get confuzzled by the whole authentication thing :confused:.

Fm08 for me,certainly not 09 for me at the moment,unless the sis graphic cards situation can get sorted,I got the 3d for a one session and loved it,but then it stopped working,I think the 2d match engine has been messed up,and the lack of options for arrows on the tactics screen is frustrating also.

I'm also wondring if I would find it hard to go back, I like so many of the new features... then again, I also dislike some of the new features... the stuttering 2D matches, press conferences, and I'm finding it a bit buggy...

I really like FM09 tbh, I'm just wondering if I should wait for the next patch or something.

I also wonder if I need to spend a bit more time, which is difficult, as I have very limited time, to try and master the game... as it seems like it needs a bit of mastering... the tactics for example.

The guide is brilliant though, and the spreadsheet. But like I've seen other people mention, when it takes a 49 page document to explain the tactics, has it all gone a bit too far...

I don't know, I just wonder if it's all got a bit much... and the press conferences, and the fact that I can't watch my matches anymore!... arghhh! :rolleyes:

I'm also wondring if I would find it hard to go back, I like so many of the new features... then again, I also dislike some of the new features... the stuttering 2D matches, press conferences, and I'm finding it a bit buggy...

I really like FM09 tbh, I'm just wondering if I should wait for the next patch or something.

I also wonder if I need to spend a bit more time, which is difficult, as I have very limited time, to try and master the game... as it seems like it needs a bit of mastering... the tactics for example.

The guide is brilliant though, and the spreadsheet. But like I've seen other people mention, when it takes a 49 page document to explain the tactics, has it all gone a bit too far...

I don't know, I just wonder if it's all got a bit much... and the press conferences, and the fact that I can't watch my matches anymore!... arghhh! :rolleyes:

I was one of those expressing my concern about the need to read through a tactics forum. The game has the potential to be the most immersive yet, but i cant enjoy it knowing that there is definately something not right with the strikers.

Overcooked it slightly on the tactics side i think

Archived