found a way to get the minutes Played stat

after taking a break from 09 i decided to come back and give it another try. Hopefully utilitizing some new features i haven't yet noticed to make the game more realistic.

Well i have found a new feature and a new way of using an old one.

1) if you click on a players profile and click stats you will get 2 new stats. Distance covered and distance covered per 90 minutes played.

I have been looking forever since cm for a minutes played stat well you can get it from the two stats above when used together.

I have Andy Johnson he has a distant covered of 54.2 and his dc/90 is 8.6 just basic math divide (54.2/8.6) then multiply by 90 minutes (54.2/8.6)*90 if you want minutes per game then use ((54.2/8.6)*90)/gp

This really helps me in determining who's doing what while they're on the field. You can even get GK conceded/minute.

with the minute stat now avaliable i have begun to use the trial player option thats been in fm awhile now but i seldom used it. i use the same tactics in my reserves as i do my sen squad and i run the trialed players stats and it tells me if he gels with my system.

these are the stats i use from the stats screen for players

Shot on target, Shot attempt, Pass Succeded, Pass Attempt, Tackles Won, Tackles Attempt, Headers Won. Headers Attempt, Distance Covered, Distance Covered per 90, Fouls made

i give 2 credits for the following: SOT, PS, TW, HW

I subtract 1 for these: SA, PA, TA, HA, FM

I get this total and divide by total minutes played remember minutes played = (DC/DCper90)*90

this is how it looks in excel

=SUM((C2*2)+(E2*2)+(G2*2)+(I2*2)-(D2+H2+J2+M2))/N2

i know this is elementary to many but just wanted to pass on a bit of what i find to be good news.

btw my best score using this (with over 500 minutes played) is .536 MC Andy Johnson

LAHoward, it pains me to say it, but I think you got too much time on your hands!!!

Good interesting read tho'

doesn't pain me to say it. i work 50 hours a week but i'm off till next tuesday.

glad you liked it. i guess hidden stats make a diff because i'm having dud trial players doing really well. they have to get to 500 minutes for it to actually mean anything though.

Archived