Tactical changes during match taking a long time

Jexz

Hi',

First I didn't enjoy the FM09 at all, having a difficult time getting the hang of the tactics. I found my team saved from relegation on the last matchday of the season, but after I read the TT&F, and got som expirience with the tactics, I now found my team at 4th place with 5 games to go in the second season.

But thats not my problem! :)

Now my mind has set on other issues within the game, when finaly getting the hang of the tactic.

Here goes:

When making tactical changes during the match, it sometimes takes a very long time from confirming, till the actual changes being made!

More than once I found my self pushed for a goal, which I got after 80 min., and then I want to change to a more defensive approach. After doing the tactics, I confirm, but there would go up to 8-9 min. game-time before these settings is aplied. Why such a long time!?

IRL, if you are pushing to get the lead in a close and importen match, you would'nt go attack after you have scored. Honestly I don't think the manager have to tell the players, they would take a more defensive approach by them selfs.

As I remember, in previous releases your changes was made instantly. Is it realistic that you sometimes have to wait 7-8-9 min. to the changes to be made?

/J.S.

I think he is talking about the time it takes for the team to accepted the new changes. Not how long the game takes to calculate the changes to the match.

Yes, this is normal and it'll vary. I think it depends on things such as the ball going out of play/easy moment to communicate changes to squad from the dugout etc.

Ahh yes. Yeah, there needs to be a break in play before changes can be made. It's the same as in real life: if there's a move going on and the manager screams instructions it's not gonna get heard. When there's a slight break in play he can shout at a player on the pitch and get him to pass along those instructions etc...

T4RG4 is right.

Once I pushed to score, and got a goal in 79' and 80' min., but in the time between I accepted the tatical changes, till it was applied, the AI went 4-2-4 and scored to 2-2! The change of tactic took 7 min. in gametime, and the ball was out of play two times. As you might have guested, I was not happy at that time ;)

An inteligent player IRL would take a more defensive approach by himself in such a case. Is this the same in FM? I mean, we have creative freedom we can adjust, but will this make the player make his own decisions in a defensive point of view as well, not only his attacking freedom?

I understand that you can't change tactic in a split sec. in real football, but is FM taking too long time?

Tried to change from an attacking mentality to a defensive mentality once. Figured i had to try to defend my leady. Changed it in the 80th minute and it took 10 minutes for it to go in to effect. 10 minutes to let them know to be a bit more defensive?! Ball was out quite a few times in that period. Would have understood it if i had tried to make some substitutions, but i didn't.

Archived