Just got the full game and i'm not happy

Post your specs please.

I have a midrange PC except the memory bandwith. I have the X48 chipset with DDR3 ram at 1600MHZ (so is FSB) with an inhell core2duo E8400 OC'ed fsb from 1333mhz to 1600mhz (cpu cores OC'ed from 3ghz to 3.6ghz)

The motherboard, ram and CPU cost me about £600 (bought this summer, cheaper now), I also did buy new HDD's to run in raid for better performance but thats not needed, you can use the old disks until you can afford new ones for raid.

I run 28 leagues lighting fast.

Don't expect to run a 2009 game fast on a 2005 speced PC. upgrade your typewriters people!

Well, you can buy a DDR2 based motherboard with Intel core2duo cpu (and you can clock these cpus like hell. If you buy a core2duo and a good cooler you can overclock the cores 1GHZ. I can run my E6750 (original 2x 2.67Ghz at 2x 3.6ghz) and my E8400 (originally 3.0Ghz at 4GHZ, but I chose to only run it at 3.6Ghz. Coz JUst raising the FSB from 1333Mhz to 1600 Mhz is the best way to go.

That means my CPU cores are running at 9x 400mhz instead of 9x 333mhz. It also beefs up the memory speed and the chipset speed.

You can buy a core2duo, OC it and it will beat a chip 4x the price. Core2Quad is not that clockable and most applications doesn't really utilize more that 2 core optimally anyway, so you'd be better off buying a core2duo for £110 and clock it up to the performance of a £400 cpu.

ALL CORE2DUO's are extremely clockable, if your chipset and RAM can handle the speedboost!

Archived