Saving Player Instructions

I'm reaching out for some advice in regards to 'Player Instructions' and how they are managed in FM. Given that the new game is, it would seem, much harder than previous editions I think that the Player Instruction portion of Tactics will prove to be very useful.

My question is, can a specific player's instructions be saved so that they are replicated for any type of tactic - be it 4-4-2, 4-3-3, 3-5-2 etc.

Example - If I were to set, say, Emile Heskey's instructions pre-game and then replace him with a different type of player, let's say Carlos Tevez, the substitute continues in the same vein as 'Heskey' where as both players are entirely different animals. I find it quite tedious having to tamper with slide bars each time a substitute is made and wondered if anyone knew of a way to set a player's instructions for the game's whole as opposed to just one tactic i.e. Tevez (high workload, free role, run with ball etc.) and Heskey (target man, hold up ball, shoot often etc.)

Obviously, if you are to react to situations in game-time then sliders can be used but, for the most part, a player has one, maybe two, ideal set of instructions to best utilise their talents.

Discuss.

(Posted something similar in Tactics & Training but go no response - sorry if people feel this is in the wrong place.)

Archived