Signing on fee's

It is money the player gets when signing his contract, so it has a effect since this is coming out of you balance (I geuss).

You also can use it to persuade a player to sign for you by offering more then he asks for.

You can pretty much offer any player 0 signing on fee and they will still join regardless. I haven't seen anyone DEMAND one in FM09. I've seen them reject a contract due to not having appearence fees but never for a signing on fee.

What element of it do you consider to be not functioning?

I mean that every time I make a signing, I offer £0 and it makes no difference and has no bearing on the player signing, ands I don't agree that it permits a lower wage or infact persuades players to sign when they otherwise wouldn't. It is a useless feature and always has been on every single CM/FM I've ever played (CM3 onwards).

on a similar issue on transfers....i hope this is ok for this thread....

if i have say £500k transfer fee cash left to play with and i make an offer to a team for a player of say £400k, but with further instalments over 12 months of say £100k and also £100k after 20 international caps, would that be allowed?

i.e i have only used £400k of the transfer kitty (and the other £200k doesnt get counted there and then) or does the offer equate to £600k there and then and i do thus not have the money to make the transfer?

thanks your clarification would be appreciated

on a similar issue on transfers....i hope this is ok for this thread....

if i have say £500k transfer fee cash left to play with and i make an offer to a team for a player of say £400k, but with further instalments over 12 months of say £100k and also £100k after 20 international caps, would that be allowed?

i.e i have only used £400k of the transfer kitty (and the other £200k doesnt get counted there and then) or does the offer equate to £600k there and then and i do thus not have the money to make the transfer?

thanks your clarification would be appreciated

It goes on what you have there and then I'm afraid.

I never give my players signing on fees and I havn't been turned down yet. There is no need to give players them because it doesn't make or break a deal...

Are you sure? I never give a fee to renew a player' s contract, and I give nothing if no one else is bidding for a player I'm buying or signing. However, if I'm in a bidding war, I've certainly lost out to rivals - the suspicion being that they gave a higher signing on fee. This might explain why some folks complain about losing a player to a lesser status team with low basic wages.

Are you sure? I never give a fee to renew a player' s contract, and I give nothing if no one else is bidding for a player I'm buying or signing. However, if I'm in a bidding war, I've certainly lost out to rivals - the suspicion being that they gave a higher signing on fee. This might explain why some folks complain about losing a player to a lesser status team with low basic wages.

They probably just went to other teams cause they might have slightly higher rep, or just offered more.

I never gave a single signing fee in fm08 and never had any problems (career into 2020)

In FM09 Ive had no problems so far either. Even if it did have an effect I prob wouldnt offer them a large one. You either come or you dont. I always try and lower the wages they ask for, unless its a world class player that pops up

Maybe the player views the total value of the contract (including signing on fee).

e.g. a 4 year contract at £50,000 a week is worth £10.4m. A £500k signing on fee would raise the value to £10.9m.

It's not a hell of a lot of difference in the grand scheme of things.

Maybe the player views the total value of the contract (including signing on fee).

e.g. a 4 year contract at £50,000 a week is worth £10.4m. A £500k signing on fee would raise the value to £10.9m.

It's not a hell of a lot of difference in the grand scheme of things.

They're footballers. Every penny counts.

Archived