Help with gap between defence and midfield

Hi all,

I am stuck and would like some advice. I don't like taking other people's tactics as I see this as cheating, I like to do my own.

After having one tactic that worked for me, all of a sudden it didnt.

So..I have come up with another, which has saved my job!!! But the problem I now have, and I have had with every tactic I do, is my assistant always always telling me I have a big gap between defence and midfield.

I have tried sticking a defensive midfield in, having no forward or backward arrows on any defender or midfielder and various other things like a normal or defensive minded approach etc!

I see no reason, with ALL of the different things I have tried that none work, I mean NONE, to fill this gap that the opposition can use against me!

Side note.....I didnt think after playing the demo I would one, get this game and two love it,.....unfortunatly for me and my girlfriend I am once again gripped and addicted to this game and think it's great!

We all know that, i'l play one more match feeling, or I'll only play for one hour!

Or I'll just do until xmas, but then doing transfers means you carry on till end of jan, then your near end of season etc lol

Thanks for anyones help and advice.

Options:

1. Defend higher up the pitch

2. Have a DMC in MC position with arrow pointing backwards

3. Play a DMC in Anchor position between defence and midfield

Maybe play 2 when at home and 3 when away from home

Archived