So, what is a good player rating for you?

Just imagine a whole team of 7+

Always have one player with 5.4 or something!

I had one game last night where ecery player was 7.0 or above but that is the only time!

For me 6.4 - 7.4 is ok

7.5 - 8.4 did well

8.5 + sensational

However if a player of mine has won the MOM then I always say sensational unless we've been thumped!

Clearly the new ratings system is dramatically different to FM08. I'd appreciate it when someone has played long enough to make a more scientific analysis. In another post yesterday the great Wolfsong said that in due course he'll be working on a new 'Wolfsong's Guide to Team-talks' - the FM08 was revelatory.

I find the new system a tad laughable to be honest.

Whats the point of a 1 to 10 (with decimal places as well) system when 99% of the time players only ever get between 5 and 8

Has anyone ever seen a 9? Or even a 10??

Or less than 5?

I played a game where my defenders made two huge errors both of which could have cost us goals (they missed a penalty) and he played a 5.3 in the end, how is that possible? Surely a 3 or 4 would have been more appropriate?

As to the ratings though i am content enough with between 6.5 and 7.4 above that they get a special pat on the back, below they get the hairdryer :)

I give a delighted if they get above 8, doesnt happen too often, although Ronny got a 9.8 once! other than that I dont really comment on individual performances, rather the team as a whole. Im a bit more generous with youngsters though, someones gotta look after them!

Don't really have hard limits - depends on how I felt they've played in the match, but generally its

anything below 5.5 --> angry, below 6.0 and missing a pen/giving away a goal --> angry

anything between 5.6 and 6.4 --> disappointed, unless they've setup a goal or did something I felt was crucial for my side.

anything between 6.5 and 7.9 is generally a well done, unless a player won MoM and had a rating of at least 7.7. But in that case players with ratings of up to 0.2 lower than the MoM winner deserve a "delighted" as well.

80 onwards --> delighted.

Well, in my quad there a a few players I'm delighted with constantly (Ribery, Messi) and my strikers are generally rather being yelled at (although I know there's a bug, the game probably doesn't lol).

Would have needed some extra buttons.... "kiss" for Ribery receiving a 9.4 rating after scoring a hattrick and setting up another against Man U and "smash a boot in his direction" for Schweinsteiger's 4.9 rating in the league.

I find the new system a tad laughable to be honest.

Whats the point of a 1 to 10 (with decimal places as well) system when 99% of the time players only ever get between 5 and 8

Has anyone ever seen a 9? Or even a 10??

Or less than 5?

I played a game where my defenders made two huge errors both of which could have cost us goals (they missed a penalty) and he played a 5.3 in the end, how is that possible? Surely a 3 or 4 would have been more appropriate?

As to the ratings though i am content enough with between 6.5 and 7.4 above that they get a special pat on the back, below they get the hairdryer :)

I once had Ryan Babel produce a stunning display to earn himself a...........1.9 :eek:

Still hasn't been beaten!! (first season, second game - now on fifth season :confused:)

Archived