Convince me to buy / play FM2008

Guest robinko2

Guest robinko2

Why should I?

I'm fed up. I liked FM2007. But my game got ruined in the year 2017 because of some bug where the game would never progress beyond a date and just crash instead

I'm only interested in playing a version of FM which is not too easy and which I can play for a long time without having to worry about instability issues.

I'm not interested in playing a game, then restarting and playing another. I just want take one game and play it all the way to 2100 if need be

I love this game... but the continual process of bug-ridden rush-releases for the xmas market has eroded all my enthusiasm. And I was just so despondent at seeing my year-long (real time) FM2007 game die.

Any advice or consolation?

Guest robinko2

Why should I?

I'm fed up. I liked FM2007. But my game got ruined in the year 2017 because of some bug where the game would never progress beyond a date and just crash instead

I'm only interested in playing a version of FM which is not too easy and which I can play for a long time without having to worry about instability issues.

I'm not interested in playing a game, then restarting and playing another. I just want take one game and play it all the way to 2100 if need be

I love this game... but the continual process of bug-ridden rush-releases for the xmas market has eroded all my enthusiasm. And I was just so despondent at seeing my year-long (real time) FM2007 game die.

Any advice or consolation?

Be wise to give your rig a thorough health check too, both hardware and software.

I've never had a crash, I've never lost a save game, if you have it points to some kind of conflict.

It's not enough to say "it runs other things okay" the myriad possible configurations make failure of even the simplest software a possibility.

Do you ask a few thousand forum members if you should change your job, move house, have eggs or toast for breakfast etc ?

Why not make your won mind up? Asking here will get you 2 main responses. Those of that love it will say buy it, those that stil think it has a myriad of issues will say don't buy it. so how is asking here actualy going to help you?

Oh and btw, yeah buy it icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Maviarab:

Do you ask a few thousand forum members if you should change your job, move house, have eggs or toast for breakfast etc ?

Why not make your won mind up? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well said icon14.gif

simply because like us you're a bot, under the influence of SI. Not even realising each time you launch the game you're even more their slave. Stay with us we all float down there. Anyway, you'll come back after a few weeks of "no FM", you won't be able to quit so easily. Only a single thing will drive you then "what is happening to FM 2008, is there a new patch, what will be in the next one?".

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Maviarab:

Why not make your won mind up? Asking here will get you 2 main responses. Those of that love it will say buy it, those that stil think it has a myriad of issues will say don't buy it. so how is asking here actualy going to help you?

Oh and btw, yeah buy it icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If he wanted advice on what to have for braekfast, he wouldnt come onto a website full of FM players. He would surley go onto an appropriate food/health/cooking website.

He would go onto a mortgage/estate agent website if he wanted to change house.

Stop being an arse and give the lad a straight answer. Or can you not do that without a smart arse reply?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Stop being an arse and give the lad a straight answer. Or can you not do that without a smart arse reply? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Forum people with big egos and hard man attitudes eh? I gave him a very sensible and sraight answer that he would get mainly 2 replies. Thiose that say yes and those that say no, in either way, neither helping his decision. So as I sugested, it was a daft comment and he should make his own mind up.

Why you have a problem with tha, friend of his?

What is it with the this place recently that every idiot and his mates best friends dog has to come on here and start being attitudish???

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Stop being an arse and give the lad a straight answer. Or can you not do that without a smart arse reply? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Forum people with big egos and hard man attitudes eh? I gave him a very sensible and sraight answer that he would get mainly 2 replies. Thiose that say yes and those that say no, in either way, neither helping his decision. So as I sugested, it was a daft comment and he should make his own mind up.

What is it with the this place recently that every idiot and his mates best friends dog has to come on here and start being attitudish??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hard man attitude? Mmmm ok bud.

Anyway tough guy, i really cant be bothered getting into a childish argument with you.

All i will say is that you could have left the stuff about 'breakfast, houses etc' out of your post.

Read the 'These forums' thread about how some people are put off posting by some forum members.

As for attitude mate, thats a bit hypercritical coming from you.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jimmywils:

Read the 'These forums' thread about how some people are put off posting by some forum members. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I couldn't agree more. I'm put off everyday by slack jawed yokles who insist on creating ridiculous threads about nothing. A majority of the posts in this thread would appear to agree with that thought.

The only other thing that puts me off is ridiculous words like "attidusih" that aren't even real.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by robinko2:

Why should I?

Any advice or consolation? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have played my Rangers FC game for 6 seasons now, over 9 days of playing time. I play with a large database and dozens of active leagues. No crashes, great enjoyment. No major bugs, I have patched as they came out but have not restarted.

Go for it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jimmywils:

What is it with the this place recently that every idiot and his mates best friends dog has to come on here and start being attitudish??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Anyway tough guy, i really cant be bothered getting into a childish argument with you.

All i will say is that you could have left the stuff about 'breakfast, houses etc' out of your post.

Read the 'These forums' thread about how some people are put off posting by some forum members.

As for attitude mate, thats a bit hypercritical coming from you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I cant see how Maviarab was giving a smart arse reply???

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by THFC 4 LIFE:

As for attitude mate, thats a bit hypercritical coming from you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I cant see how Maviarab was giving a smart arse reply??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well thats your opinion. I can. Anyway, back on topic.....

My advice is to buy the game, patch up and give it a few hours of playing time.

A lot of the 'bugs' reported youd never notice unless you come on these forums regularly

The 'corners' issue i havent had problems with and so far the board are behaving. These are the two main issues according to some.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by robinko2:

Why should I?

Any advice or consolation? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Personally, I really enjoyed 2007 which is what made me go for 2008.

However, I haven't really found anything in 2008 that's made me glad I switched. It seems to me like a slightly updated, much less stable version of 2007.

That's not to say it's a bad game, though... just not much of an upgrade over what was already an enjoyable version, in my mind.

Archived