I have Exam Tomorow and just bought the game!!!

A computer game is not a good way to take a break from studying. In my opinion, anyway.

I spent a majority of my GCSE and A Level study leave playing CM, I got good grades, but if I had the time over I reckon i'd put CM to one side and get really good grades.

It's too easy to say "i'll take a break and play FM for 30 mins", no-one sticks to the 30 mins though.

I spent a majority of my GCSE and A Level study leave playing CM, I got good grades, but if I had the time over I reckon i'd put CM to one side and get really good grades.

It's too easy to say "i'll take a break and play FM for 30 mins", no-one sticks to the 30 mins though.

I wasn't really thinking that the game would harm soemone's grades. I was thinking more that, for reasons of health and sanity, if you've been busy studying, the last thing you would want to do is sit at the computer. But maybe it's just me. :p

When I was at Uni I'd revise during "Continue" processing delays...although I had such a horribly slow computer that I probably spent a fair chunk of time revising while "playing" CM/FM. If you have a reasonably decent machine this technique probably won't work very well!

Very true Mike, that's why I haven't played as much of 09 as I thought I would, I don't fancy a day of work and then an evening of tactical work :p

Ferari312, do you remember the clubs flashing at the top of the screen as CM97/98 loaded? My ancient PC took between 45 mins and 1 hr to load that game every day, I did my homework as it loaded and spent the rest of the evening playing it :p

Nah mate I only started with CM4 (relative newbie I know, but I'm *just* enough of a veteran to remember pre-FM), I actually remember that being a bugger to load as well (even more so than the wait every time I pressed continue). What can I say, it made man-multitasking possible for the first time ever. Damn these fast computers :p

Going by the time of year, surely they're only mock exams. Am I right? Not that I would condone neglecting to study for them.

I am doin Engineering in Telecommunication and it is my first semester first year exams. It reads like this Wednesday - Math Exam. Thursday - Physics. Friday - Electromagnetics. ANd I have a flight back to home, which is abt 15 hrs, on 1st of December. My laptop is at the store (so currently using Desktop) getting repaired so unfortunately I cant take it back home.

All of a sudden, life is so short.

I am doin Engineering in Telecommunication and it is my first semester first year exams. It reads like this Wednesday - Math Exam. Thursday - Physics. Friday - Electromagnetics. ANd I have a flight back to home, which is abt 15 hrs, on 1st of December. My laptop is at the store (so currently using Desktop) getting repaired so unfortunately I cant take it back home.

Sorry, I hadn't realised you were American.

Maths? Physics? Electromagnetics? Bah! These are all easy exams! I think you could probably get away with at least 16-17 hours of footy man a day, factor in 7 and a half hours sleep and you have between 30 and -30 mins revision a day, then just turn up in your fancy robes and collect your degree!

In all seriousness though don't start because you will be up till four in the morning not revising. Studies first my friend!

Archived