Anyone can explain to me how Wonderkid is born???

When i started the FM 2009 i searched teams like Arsenal,Tottenham,Athletico Madrid...At start of the game for example players like Walcott and Vela are no Wonderkids.When i checke them after January they were both plus Denilson became at age of 20th Wonderkid too....This is confusing for me.How you are supose to know who will become Wonerkid from young players and who don't? I'm not flaming here...just i would like to know the kind of scheme if there is some. For me is weird that for example Denilson is not Wonderkid at Summer of 2009 but at winter he is..Thx

I don't pay attention to whether they're a wonderkid or not. In the end, if the scouts say they're good enough or will be and their attributes are good, that's all that matters to me.

Im not saying that is not what matter....i just want to know how this thing works.For example good player with 6-7 star potential is not Wonderkid at start...can he become when u play him often or he will become Wonderkid just automatically...or he don't...how is it??

There are 3 criteria:

1) They must be under the age of 21.

2) They must have a minimum current ability of x. (Not sure how much it is, I imagine 150?)

3) They must have a minimum potentual ability of y. (Again, not sure how much, I imagine about 180?)

That's the reason why it took a few months for them to become Wonderkids, for their CAs to improve...

best wonderkid ive seen is that inter reserves right winger, on my game i bought him at 17, he was a wonderkid at 18, name begins with a T for those that are interested btw :p

But yes, sometimes the greats never were 'wonderkids', most of them were though.

There are 3 criteria:

2) They must have a minimum current ability of x. (Not sure how much it is, I imagine 150?)

3) They must have a minimum potentual ability of y. (Again, not sure how much, I imagine about 180?)

That's the reason why it took a few months for them to become Wonderkids, for their CAs to improve...

From my past experience in the previous FM games, I'd say this isn't quite right. 1) and 2) I agree with, but not the potential one. I've had wonderkids with CAs of ~150 and PAs of 153 or similar (-9 potential giving them a crap "roll"). There's also another factor that you've missed - club reputation. The bigger the club, the more likely the player is to be a wonderkid. This is quite easily seen when you buy a non-wonderkid player from somewhere like Brazil, and as soon as he joins you, he's a wonderkid. So, I'd say this:

3) They must be at a club with a reputation of y (possibly inversely related to the CA)

Of course, as I said, this is based on past FMs, so it might've changed.

How I imagine it works is that a player has to be a certain CA for his age. I doubt it matters so much about PA, because the definition of a wonderkid is someone who is technically able to play at the highest levels right now. Therefore, potentially someone who is 18 and already a 130 in CA, but with only a 135 PA could still be considered a wonderkid if he's already playing in the first team on a semi regular basis, but could eventually degenerate into a promising player and then an average player, by the time he's 22, having not had the PA to continue his growth.

This age/CA ration is proportionate, so to still be a wonderkid at the age of 20 his CA would have to have continued to improve a high rate and be closer to 160 or something.

I'd guess it also has something to do with the reputation of the player as well, such that moving to a bigger club, or playing more, scoring more, getting more MOTM awards and so on, will make their own reputation higher in the process.

From my past experience in the previous FM games, I'd say this isn't quite right. 1) and 2) I agree with, but not the potential one. I've had wonderkids with CAs of ~150 and PAs of 153 or similar (-9 potential giving them a crap "roll"). There's also another factor that you've missed - club reputation. The bigger the club, the more likely the player is to be a wonderkid. This is quite easily seen when you buy a non-wonderkid player from somewhere like Brazil, and as soon as he joins you, he's a wonderkid. So, I'd say this:

3) They must be at a club with a reputation of y (possibly inversely related to the CA)

Of course, as I said, this is based on past FMs, so it might've changed.

It will be a personal reputation of x, not a club reputation. Joining Arsenal gives you a much bigger reputation on the global scale than playing for Santos.

Archived