Why is my 2d game so choppy?

First, my system.

2Ghz Pentium 4

2GB RAM

256MB ATI Radeon Vid Card

I have tried playing the 3d match, but didn't care for it as it takes a while to setup, and the graphics are not all that good. In addition, I noticed that the animation was very choppy. So, I decided to use 2D, but the animation there was also very choppy. Finally, I went to 2D classic and, what do you know - still choppy!!!

Anyone have any idea?

I would at least like to use 2D and watch a game without it looking like it is in stop motion, and I know my computer is capable as I run much more graphics intensive games on it, and have no problem with the 2D matches in previous FM editions.

If you don't know what I mean by "choppy," it looks like the animation pauses for a split second every second - very annoying.

Thanks for any help.

have you updated to the latest drivers for your graphics card?

I suppose you could also try checking task manager and see if anything else is taking up a lot of processing power/RAM and close it whilst you are playing fm.

You shouldnt have any probs I have a crappy laptop that runs it without any probs so I would definately try the above if you havent already.

Out of interest, are you running in a window?

I am and I have this problem also.

With nothing else running, task manager says hardly any RAM being used, graphics card drivers updated...

Is that the cause then? Being in windowed mode?

I am and I have this problem also.

With nothing else running, task manager says hardly any RAM being used, graphics card drivers updated...

Is that the cause then? Being in windowed mode?

What does it run like full screen?

What does it run like full screen?

Actually just tried it and it's much better, perfect now.

I found that with the game windowed, but stretched to almost fitting the screen it runs choppily. If I click to maximise the window it runs great. No idea why/

I had it maximised but it was still choppy, it might be my screen though, I have a laptop and often find problems with windows maxmised compared to a PC.

4 gig ram, quadcore geforce GTX 260 here, i see no problems running in 3d high detail never mind 2D :p

On topic, my old comp that i just replaced did stutter a bit though unlike previous versions, i guess its just the 3d match engine running partially or something, no idea.

Archived