Please help!

i have come across a problem i was on preferences loading some graphics and it was taking ages 'loading image data for new skin' so i quit the game using ctrl alt del but now when i load the game up the main menu doesn't appear its just black i have tried everything i can think of uninstalling it reinstalling it resetting my pc turning it off and on again deleting all of the sports interactive files but nothing please help its driving me nuts!

Don't quit in the middle of data operations!

Uninstalling the game doesn't usually remove preferences or customisations. Try manually deleting your Sports Interactive folder in My Documents/Application Data. Back it up before you delete it, as you'll want any save games in there if you get it working.

Delete the skiin and the game will automatically revert to the default skin that worked before.

If you uninstall and reinstall, all your previous additions i.e. skins will remain there waiting for it to be reinstalled, so no matter how many times you reinstall it, the faulty skin will still be there.

okay how do i delete the skin? because i didnt load a new skin i was putting in other grx and i have already deleted all the files from sportsinteractive folder in my documents and the sportsinteractive file in program files and every time load the game this comes up

79733266zz8.png

this is an edited db of the 9.1 patch which i have already deleted no matter how many time i reinstall it that comes up should i download the patch again? im really screwed!

Am I right in saying?

- You created a new database.

- Then you uninstalled FM.

- Deleted the SI folder.

- Reinstalled FM.

- Tried to load a saved game using the edited db.

If i'm right, the reason it won't load is that you have deleted that database when you deleted the SI folder. Try starting a new game and it should be ok.

PS. Yes you should patch it again, I seem to remember a black screen problem with unpatched games.

no what i did is uninstalled it completely deleted all of the sports interactive folders from my pc then i load the game then that message comes up above (because thats what db i was using when i quit the game) then it loads up until when the menu is supposed to appear then it stops loading and its just black

okay i will do cheers but tbh i dont think its gonna work i also created a 'default folder' in the skins folder its empty but is the same as the sounds folder so im hoping for a long shot of it acting in the same way if anybody has any advice or suggestions please do let me know im willing to try anything now

no what i did is uninstalled it completely deleted all of the sports interactive folders from my pc then i load the game then that message comes up above (because thats what db i was using when i quit the game) then it loads up until when the menu is supposed to appear then it stops loading and its just black

From what you say here it sounds like you "uninstalled" the game by deleting the sports interactive folder?!

You need to uninstall it by going to Start>control panel>Programs...>then select football manager 2009 and push the uninstall button. Then re-install the game again. FM this year removes all SI folders from the system so that should clean you up!

Once re-installed surely you will be able to play. (but i would install patch first too!)

I had the graphics system error. Finally got this sorted by downloading the microsoft direct x thing. Then when i tried to play the game i was getting a black screen with a flashing L. Got this sorted by downloading the patch.

Did a quick search and found that in another thread. Looks like the patch should sort your problems.

cheers you would think that wouldn't you lol have done the patch, nothing only thing i can think of is to get a new copy of the game and if that doesn't work than i am in trouble

the most obvious thing to do if your gfx drivers etc are up to date would be to clean install the os if you can back up everything you need to keep, that will probally sort it.

okay i dont have a clue how to do that though im only 15

I meant like reinstalling windows, prob best not to do that if you dont know how to. Dont know what else to suggest if youve patched it and trying reinstalling :confused:

Uninstall the game.

Windows XP: Delete Sports Interactive folders from: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data. Also delete Sports Interactive folders that appear in any other User Application Data folder.

Then go 'Start' -> 'Run' -> 'regedit'. From here make a backup of your registry before deleting SI folders in HKEY_CURRENT_USER and HK_LOCAL_MACHINE (they are in the subfolder called Software).

Vista: Delete Sports Interactive folders from: C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming. Then do the registry edit above.

Then re-install the game and you should be fine.

the folder 'installer launcher' (in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Sports Interactive) wont delete or be moved how can i get rid of it? its the only trace (that i have found) left on my pc

• 4 weeks later...

still havent fixed this problem but the new patch has got rid of that message so what happens now is it loads up until the main menu is supposed to come up but instead just goes black please someone help with a solution

Archived