How are you finding the transfer system?

Coop

How are you finding the new transfer system? Is it easier to buy and sell players than previous versions? Is there more negotiation involved? Is reputation still causing problems off-loading your fringe players?

What's your thoughts on the current system?

everton offered me lescott for 5.5mil and a lot of clubs made bids for it (including me). We all bidded 5.5mil for him but everton only rejected me and accepted everyone else (liverpool, aston, arsenal and alot of others)

:( what is this? is it becuz im mancity and they can rip me off?

everton offered me lescott for 5.5mil and a lot of clubs made bids for it (including me). We all bidded 5.5mil for him but everton only rejected me and accepted everyone else (liverpool, aston, arsenal and alot of others)

:( what is this? is it becuz im mancity and they can rip me off?

no, its because you need to change the deadline when you make the offer, from today to none.

It is good, it is different though.

Selling Players

I found that selling players that just arrived to be impossible. I tried to shift Earnshaw at Nott'm Forest and a few other at other clubs and there were no offers. also tried selling Fellaini at Everton, nobody wanted him either. I also tried to sell McFadden at Birmingham to raise funds but no takers, even from the Old Firm.

Selling Injuries

With FM08 you could buy players with three months left of their injury, I tried to buy Owen and couldn't (even at 'back in three weeks)

Everybody sees Man City comming

and hikes up the price, probably realistic.

Domestic Sales

This is a BIG one for me. It is difficult to buy players from the same league. I was Everton and sold Arteta (I only had £1m) for £7.5m which I thought was a good price, I tried to buy Gamst Pedersen from Blackburn and was continually rejected, they offered him to me for £13.75m and Jagielka! I thought this was a lot of money, I tried to buy Alan Smith for my Stoke side and they wanted £8m. Udinese didn't want to sell me Andrea Coda for Juve.

I can understand the top 4 not selling maybe it goes down a little too far.

I even tried a few media comments to get players like Diarra to come to Arsenal (I know there are favored club issues there). This works sometimes, but not with Gamst Pedersen.

The only solution is to buy players from abroad, even for a team like Nott'm Forest, I had 11 diffferent nationalities in the side, which upsets my dynamic and has imlications for European competition.

It's definitely a lot easier in general to shift the dead wood, although as already mentioned it's hard to ditch recent arrivals when you've just taken over the club. Just started a new save with Carlisle and couldn't get rid of Cleveland Taylor saying clubs were "put off by his reluctance to leave the club he has recently joined" - or words to that effect - even though he actually joined the club in January '08 and not during the summer.

Archived