Hi

After the 2nd or 3rd Season in your game , are the TOP 4 still as good as they were in the first season

I am now in my 5th Season with Arsenal and have just won the league for the 3rd time in a row , getting a bit easy because TOP 4 dont spend correctly I think

What about you ??

Thanks

????

Do the top sides get weaker ?

the top teams will generally slide after a few years if their youth is not strong enuff

What a load of rubbish. Chelsea could not have a single player brought through their youth ranks in the next 10 years and they wouldn't slide.

Yes, Arsenal start off with a like 5 wonderkids, but it is unrealistic to assume because of that, that they'll dominate the league for the next 5+ years.

Ini most peoples games Arsenal win the league THIS season, which as we can all see, is a totaly joke :)

So will the other teams like Manchetser United and Chelsea catch up with Arsenal in the game . I mean I am in my 3rd Season and looking strong to win the league , it seems chelsea and united are dropping points .

So does this mean that in a few seasons Chelsea and United will be challenging again ??

Thanks

So will the other teams like Manchetser United and Chelsea catch up with Arsenal in the game . I mean I am in my 3rd Season and looking strong to win the league , it seems chelsea and united are dropping points .

So does this mean that in a few seasons Chelsea and United will be challenging again ??

Thanks

Not from the stats from the save games I've seen sof ar, it looks like Arsenal are the dominant force for a long time...

Not from the stats from the save games I've seen sof ar, it looks like Arsenal are the dominant force for a long time...

So what about If I move to Newcastle , and work them up over a few seasons , will Arsenal be challenging with me

And IF I win the league with Newcastle , will they still challenge and not just let me walk away with it again ??

In my game, (i was only 19 games in before i started again) Arsenal were 10th, Utd were 11th and Chelsea were 4th. Newcastle were 2nd, City were 3rd and Villa 5th. I was Liverpool and was top. If i was another team, i don't think Liverpool would be in the top 3 or maybe even 5 as they are really poor.

In general do people who win titles i.e. the premiership, champion’s league etc. normally retain the titles the following season without much effort, or does the AI tend to put up a fight??

Exactely I want people to answer this because I know that on FM08 it was easy you could walk away with 10 tittles in a row . But I am not sure about 09 if it has been improved in that way . If it has it would give me more motivation to carry on a long game with a big club

Thanks

Only played one season and it was between Tottenham and Everton for 4th. Liverpool came 9th and Benitez was given the boot.

Other than that it was Arsenal, Man U, Chelsea all close, then a big gap, followed by Everton at the end of the season. Man U v Chelsea FA cup final. Man U vs Real Madrid CL final. Man U lost them all - ha ha!

in 2012 on mine aton villa are top atm and behind them are liverpool arsenal man city tottenham and man utd and chelsea are 8th and 9th

In general do people who win titles i.e. the premiership, champion’s league etc. normally retain the titles the following season without much effort, or does the AI tend to put up a fight??

There's no secret AI gives up/AI cranks up the difficulty things going on. If you win the title you're going to be most likely to retain with the money coming in, especially if you spend wisely and you don't get a load of retiring players.

However other teams also have money and transfer targets, thus the only advantage you have is what you'd have in real life - being the best in the country + extra money + bigger reputation to use with money.

If I remember correctly in previous versions of CM and FM if you the manager picked the same formation and same tactics week in week out over a couple of seasons the AI would work this out and find a way to exploit your tactic, so it would force you to freshen things up every now and again, not sure if this applies to FM09 though!

I think it's been well documented that Arsenal are overpowered in FM09 - I don't know anyone who hasn't seen them win the league consecutively.

Arsenal are topping my league, but I did beat them 3-2, and have beaten Chelsea 1-0 with Newcastle. I feel it's fairly even.

Hardest teams to play against so far seem to be Spurs and Man City.

Apparently Arsenal are dominating the early years because their young players reach near their potential ability early in the game and stay their until the peak age of about 29-30, so they have a better chance of dominating in the first 8-10 years

Apparently Arsenal are dominating the early years because their young players reach near their potential ability early in the game and stay their until the peak age of about 29-30, so they have a better chance of dominating in the first 8-10 years

But still if you want to be Chelsea and you are wise after u win your first tittle u can win it 10 times in a row

It's not just that, its basically arsenals finances are greatly over-estimated and they generate far too much money, on FM08 within 4 years arsenal's value would be near 1bn and they'd have well over 500m in the bank, look at chelsea, man utd, liverpool etc and they just don't generate the same capital and it ends up being costly.

When the AI is controlling the top 4 only arsenal will thrive and do well, also despite the fact arsenal have one of the more spineless teams in the league with little determination and true flair, their players are rated with an abundance of it, making it easy.

Archived