Players lost confidence in manager

Granted im only 12th in the league with Tottenham but ive only lost once in the last 16 games and into feb 2009.

So why are the players lacking confidence and how do you manage to change it?

The annoying thing is all my players morale is fantastic.

Thought i would go on holiday using the same tactics to see what would happen.

I then checked in mid march and i still hadnt lost a game yet because my players had lost confidence in me i was sacked.

Now if i go back to the saved game before i went on holiday will i eventually get the sack again????

No matter if i keep praising the players and continue unbeaten they are still not confident in me

I had exactly the same problem with Spurs in my first season. I ended up finishing 15th in the league, got to the final of the Carling Cup and got knocked out in the 2nd Round of the UEFA Cup (so they had reason to have a lack of confidence in me, I suppose).

But I've just started my 2nd season and they're all happy now. Just play it out and you should be fine.

the earliest a players contract is due for renewal is 3 years away

will try darkesthour but im not even sure i will make it to the end of the season without getting sacked.

What did you select as your pre-season ambitions?

I set mine to top-half finish and still survived. I'd rather over-achieve than under-achieve, and the difference in transfer budget between 'Top half' and 'Continental qualification' was marginal.

As it turned out, I still under-achieved! :p

I set qualify for europe via league position.

ive been going through tactics from the forum but even with attacking players like

Fernandez,Bentley,Van Der Vaart,Arshavin,Modric,Pogrebnyak,Bent,Pavlyuchenko and Dos Santos i just cant score enough goals and keep drawing too many games.

Archived