More Money

Okay, so i've been playing for a while right and i have a wonderful bank balance. I never buy players. I bring up a reserve or free signings play them foward (even if they're a keeper) and their prices will boost up.

My team is estimated to be worth almost 2 billion Pounds. But... WHY WON'T THEY F'ING EXPAND THE STADIUM.

I go to a team like liverpool they except already. Some teams will tell you that there isn't enough money. HOW COME MINE WONT. I'm sure i can buy a new stadium!.

Oh and err. Looking at my incomes. I make money through everything except Fund raising and Investments. Anybody can help with that?.

Oh and err. Is it possible to have a B team in the EPL/Coca cola. Not reserves. Like how Real Madrid have a B team in Second Division.

Thanks For Replies !

The board might not expand the stadium because of local planning restrictions, because you're not filling it out enough, because the stadium can't be expanded further or because you've simply underestimated the amount of money you need to expand the stadium.

And it is not possible to have a B team in the EPL/CCC. Your B teams/Reserves play in a Reserves League.

Thanks but, surely the board will tell me there isn' enough funds right?. I fill it out all the time maybe 4 seats less. Thanks for the B team info. How much do you think it would cost to expand the Emirates?

The maximum expansion capacity of the Emirates is 60,432 - I should imagine you are there or there abouts already, so you'd need a lot of money in order to get a better stadium because a new one would have to be built.

How far are you in the game? Surely it's unlikely that they will build a new stadium given how old the Emirates is. It would be a bit mad for a club to build a stadium and then even 10 years later decide to build another one just because they can afford to.

PS you can't do anything about making money from fund raising or investments. Eventually when you have enough money the board will invest it and fnd raising is usually things like "fan days" that only occur when you aren't filling the stadium.

I make my games more interesting by setting myself a transfer limit of never spending more than the clubs current record on a player and a wage budget of £50k per week. I sell a player as soon as i'm offered 2 1/2 times his value, doesn't matter if I think I could get more, he has to go and I try to only sign plaers of the same nationality as the league i'm playing in. It makes European competition even harder especially as I play in germany, but I think the harder it is the more enjoyable it is.

I make my games more interesting by setting myself a transfer limit of never spending more than the clubs current record on a player

I wouldn't be able to do that - as Mangotsfield manager I'd be reduced to signing frees forever! icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by canvey!!:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I make my games more interesting by setting myself a transfer limit of never spending more than the clubs current record on a player

I wouldn't be able to do that - as Mangotsfield manager I'd be reduced to signing frees forever! icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif It's a bit tougher at the start of the game, but by 2017, because of the inflated transfer system practically every team has a record approaching £40m lol. My record signing atm is £9.75m for a player I actually wanted and £30m just because I had loads of money and thought I may as well spend some of it.

Originally posted by Nomis07:

How far are you in the game? Surely it's unlikely that they will build a new stadium given how old the Emirates is. It would be a bit mad for a club to build a stadium and then even 10 years later decide to build another one just because they can afford to.

I had this happen to me in FM07; manager of Brighton (who have a stadium move hard-coded in at the start). Move in to the new stadium (which has taken over 10 years to get planning permission for in real life). Then in 2020, with the ground stuck around 40k (from 22k to start) the board announce that we are moving into a new ground, named after yours truly, with a capacity of 60k.

Archived