Someone help...I'm...I'm too good

I started the game out with the original Default database (I swear) as Arsenal (I used Default instead of 8.0.2 because I got bored I'd already memorized how good everyone is in 8.0.2. and, well, I wanted a new challenge.) I played as Arsenal and expected to be a title challenge, although I was hoping for 3rd. Now I'm on a streak of astonishing form that just won't stop; every week I win by a few goals and say "well, it won't last. I can't stay unchallenged at the top of the table for long" but then I win every week! I don't want to have something this easy but I like the transfers I've made on this account (Arteta, Thiago, and some youngsters in and Denilson/Song out on loan) so I really don't want to restart. Even my reserve Carling Cup team with players such as Nordtviet keep winning, we beat a top-class Fulham team 2-0. I've played before and never has something happened like this, except as Barca where I went had only two losses in three seasons. Please someone assure me that my form better than Chelsea this season won't last!

Squad: http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii128/Bloodbore8/Picture1.png

Reserves: http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii128/Bloodbore8/Picture2.png

U-18: http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii128/Bloodbore8/Picture3.png

Fixtures and Results: http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii128/Bloodbore8/Picture4.png

Table: http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii128/Bloodbore8/Picture5.png

Player Stats: http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii128/Bloodbore8/Picture6.png

Sorry, forgot how to do links here, lol

P.S. No corner bug I promise. My only defender that's scored is Toure and that was only one goal. Also, I've unsettled August Premiership Player of the Month Bolton 'keeper Jassasskialien and I will sign him on a pre-contract in January--he's interested and wants to leave for me (the contract runs out summer '08). Also, Djorou looks like a promising player as he was just awarded the Young Player of the Month Award...Dream Team possibly?

Try doing more than 2 months.

Also, why not try it with relegation candidates, if you can get them top like that without any of that, then I think a few people would possibly begin to agree, but still, 8 games is nothing. You've yet to encounter tiredness, injury problems etc etc.

And to be honest, if you can't be successful with arsenal on fm then you need shooting, they generate rediculous amounts of cash and their youngters actually perform whereas irl they don't.

I won again...3-0. It's now October...My run began after I beat Ajax 5-0 in pre-season...the only hiccups along the way were a 2-2 penalty loss to Marseille and a 0-0 draw with Newcastle in which Given made 8 saves.

When I beat Man Utd, van Persie'shat trick gave me a 3-1 comeback win. I was losing at half-time which was the closest I've come to a competitive loss.

Lol, if you just leave arsenal to themselves within 5 years they have transfer budgets of usually in excess of 300m and will more often than not pick up 100 points a season and win a treble at least once every 2 or 3 seasons, usually every season. Being successful with arsenal is the norm lol.

have to say it's a nice way to start, playing as the gunners.

Obviously i have, and i won the League and Champions League double in my first season.

I've been using a pretty basic 4-4-2 with a few adjustments.

Adebayor scored 34 goals in 48 matches, so not bad in that respect either!

It's good to get a real feel of the game first, then, when the proper patch comes out, start as lower league, or unemployed!

You are complaining becuase you are winning.. :D now thats funny..

You really want a challenege then try LLM with proper LLM rules.. that should keep you challenged enough :D

There is no way he'll abide by the 'no bragging' part :D

Yeah, I've done well with challenges like taking a few Championship teams to top Premiership teams (most notably taking West Brom from championship winner to premiership 3rd place the next season) but I want to play as my beloved Arsenal. Why can't they lose like they do in real life lol?

Because they are grossly over-rated. Their players, whilst good lack true determination and flair, they try to pass the ball around far too much and don't have players like Henry or Bergkamp anymore who can perform those little things that leave you in awe, yet this isn't reflected in the game.

Because they are grossly over-rated. Their players, whilst good lack true determination and flair, they try to pass the ball around far too much and don't have players like Henry or Bergkamp anymore who can perform those little things that leave you in awe, yet this isn't reflected in the game.

How dare you insult us, fool?!!!? We have a new captain, Fabregas, and we'll be better than the Invinsibles ever were! Muahahahahaahhaha!

lol

This is my starting lineup BTW:

Lehmann (excellent season so far)

Sagna Toure Gallas Clichy

Arteta Fabregas Gilberto Rosicky (top assister)

Eduardo van Persie (also rotated with my 3 hattricks in 6 games player Bendtner, who is actually terrible in real life)

Subs: Almunia (Fabianski is on loan getting man of the match awards with Brum), Senderos, Diaby/Bangea/Diarra, Bendtner (sometimes Adebayor but he's been injured recently so I dunno), and Hleb

My Carling Cup team is some of my backup players for the 1st team and the other half is some of my Under 18 and Reserve players such as Barazite, Merida, and Nordtveit.

I've watched arsenal a few times this season, and I was at the arsenal - stoke game, the current arsenal side drops their heads when they go behind and have little penetration to them or creative flair. Shame something that is painfully obvious to the masses of fans out there isn't obvious to the arsenal researcher lol, the young guns aren't up for the fight, they're only good when they're winning lol.

hey budd,,, wait till you reach mid december - first of february,,, usually theres a huge pressure on the team and yet many injuries that occurs ,,,

good luck

Yay, late October and I finally had a crap performance. Maybe we sucked because I got three players injured during the international break. I still got an undeserved late winner from Bendtner though. Err!

Finally...My first real test. Yeah, I faced Man Utd at home and Roma at home but now at the start of November it's time to travel to Stamford Bridge. Unfortunately, I have lots of injuries to deal with: Arteta, Eduardo, and RVP are out for a month, and Diaby is a doubt.

Edit: And Diarra now,too. :(

Archived