the Tactics thread

Great idea, Ridley. I played your 4-2-4 on 08 but have found that to be less than successful on 09. So far the most success I've had with 09 has been:

4-4-2 Diamond

Direct passing

Hard tacking

I know 3-5-2 would be more effective but honestly I really don't want to play a 3-5-2. Rather have some kind of 4-4-2 (or maybe 4-3-3) even if I'm not as successful with it.

What has everyone else found so far? Let's get this going, peeps!

I am currently rotating between the old jambo dave 3-5-2 and the st dazzle 4-5-1 tactic every couple of seasons. I dont think 09 lets you just play 1 tactic for years and years and keep winning.

The St Dazzle 4-5-1 seems pretty awesome still though as long as you have a great striker.

Having been a fan of your 424 last year Ridley, would you post your one up for this year if it has changed from the standard 442?

ive stuck with standard at the minute havent tried other variations in much detail as standard is doing good at the minute with Luton

Yeah have the 433 bugel but I'm a full-backs and wingers man myself and just haven't got the right players for the system. It's still bringing victories and success but I want my team scoring much more goals. There are only so many 1-0, 2-0 and 2-1 wins I can take!!! But it is very good, we don't concede an awful lot.

I'm getting pretty much the same with Ridleys 424 from last year but nowhere near the same amount of goals scored as last year.

I may just have a go myself and see what I can come up with!!

I tried the straight 4-4-2 but with the wingers running diagonally into the box and not set to cross.

I had attacking mentality and short passing and it was quite successful for a short while.

I'll try to remember what the exact tactic I had was (it's on another save that I havent played for a bit)

But I have to say St Dazzle's 4-5-1 is still number 1 right now.

Already did mate :)http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=76231

Edit: From what I understand the 3-5-2 is/was a good system to use either on this or FMH08? Since the code is based on CM01/02, there was a 3-5-2 system I used on that game which was absolutely brilliant, I might try and implement it on here. Basically it was a flat back 3 with the middle centreback running forward, a flat 5 with the wingers and central midfielder running forward, and the other two running back, then one AM in the right hand central AM slot running forward, and a normal ST on the left.

With Newcastle and the 02/03 season data update for that I was absolutely flying - had a team of:

Given

Bonera

Helguera

Gallas

Van Bommel

Davids

Rosicky

Pires

Viana

Rooney

Shearer

Used to belt Man Utd 4 or 5-0 at OT... those were the days *nostalgia*

• 2 weeks later...

has anybody any further updates on the best/most successfull tactics to use in FMH09??.......Like some, I am still waiting for my copy for xmas, but would be interested to see how some of these tactics have developed, now that you guys have been using them for sometime............thanks

has anybody any further updates on the best/most successfull tactics to use in FMH09??.......Like some, I am still waiting for my copy for xmas, but would be interested to see how some of these tactics have developed, now that you guys have been using them for sometime............thanks

St. Dazzle's 4-5-1 seems to be the most consistently praised tactic by people here. I personally prefer my 3-5-2 though, as I seemed to score far more goals using that. Having said that, my team was pretty excellent so I've no idea how it'd work with a weaker side. I'm planning to use it when I take a club from the BSP so I'll develop it more then.

thanks Scott, I'll give it a try.............I'm still waiting for the 09 version, xmas pressie, so I am persevering with the older version for a few more days, just took Grays from BSP to premier, just won the treble, now going for back to back trebles (I've never managed that yet)

The only tatic that works me is the good old regular 4-4-2 but i always have too very good strkiers always like atm Im garys athletic in the championship and Tristain Plummer and Sam Parkin are ripping up the league with 37 year old Akinbadbyei for the ovious reasons (Ade Akinbiyi ) as we called him at the Lane . He has hit 8 with only 5 games this season .

heres something for you all to try send your goalkeeper forward for attacking set pieces and see how long it takes him to score, im still trying after 15 games, its really funny when you see the 2d pitch come up and theres your keeper in their box

i think it depends on who you have in your team

i tried playing as liverpool and i won the league in the 3rd season playing 4-1-3-2, direct and normal play..

i then got sacked and joined preston where ive been for 5 seasons playing 4-4-2, yes on pressing, fullbacks and wingers forward runs and run with the ball, one cm doesnt do anything whilst the other runs forward, runs with the ball and has long shots. and then two strikers who go crazy.

however, what i want is a tactic that scores plenty of goals.. ive started a new game with liverpool but after 18 games ive scored only 21 goals.. im top of the league though.

Players to buy - Attack - Benzema

If you fancy a challenge, take over at Man City, seriously, you get £211million to spend, but the key is not to get sacked by xmas!

Players to buy - Attack - Benzema

I don't rate Benzema at all. I find that a striker with good heading as well as dribbling and shooting scores far more goals in fmh09 and for the price you have to pay to get Benzema he is way over rated. He never scores enough goals for my liking and if I get him on a bosman I always sell him straight away for the massive profit.

• 4 weeks later...

My tactic with Man.Utd from last year, this has won me the league 2 seasons in a row each time by 12= points.

formation 424

Team Instructions:

Attacking, Normal, Normal everything else no

player instructions

passing - all team

tackling - cm hard rest all team

pressing - all yes except keeper and defenders

pass to - stayed the same

set pieces - neither have changed

free role - yes to wingers no to rest

forward runs - yes to everyone except keeper and both DCs

run with ball - Yes to strikers and wingers no to rest