Quite bizarre: 9 players wiped out in two days

I accept that injuries are part and parcel of football and, by definition, part of this game.

However, I assume I have triggered something really weird, perhaps a bug, in the game:

Two days before the second to last game of the season, the following happened:

Two left backs out: Concussion (identical injury, same session!)

Two goalkeepers out: One broken leg, one concussion

All five starting midfielders out, various degrees of training ground accidents plus one hamstring injury

One striker out: Broken wrist

Now, I can understand the hamstring injury; it was a 33 year old player (Ljunberg) who had 40+ games under his belt for the year. Every other injury, however, was a training ground accident, and happened within 36 hours.

Two games to go in the season, I have now suspended all training in fear of my reserves (and their reserves) being wiped out.

The shame of it was that as Leeds, I was on the cusp of gaining a spot in the premier league. Now both my goalkeepers and every one of my main players is gone :( - I'll be lucky to make the playoffs.

9.1 didnt touch training injuries, and neither will 9.2. I think its just bad luck tbh.

I'm four games into an MLS season, and across the 14 teams in the league, there are 94 injuries.

That's a whole lot of bad luck, brother.

The first game I tried to play when I got this game was with Liverpool. By the end of the 1st friendly I had 7 injuries on my first team. 6 from training ground and 1 from the friendly. Gerrard, Torres, and Carragher were each out for 3+ months... it was ridiculous. I was using the patch, and I had set up all of my training no higher than medium workload. There is some bug in there somewhere.

9.1 didnt touch training injuries, and neither will 9.2. I think its just bad luck tbh.

yeah touch everything that ain't broke and don't touch anything that is wrong. good job mate :thup: we don't need any steam or anti piracy program or whatever, we just need a fun and bug free fm to play with until next year fm come out...

there's obviously something wrong with the frequency vs seriousness of injuries in the game. i just got 5 players injured for 1-5 months and if you look at the list of injuries from premier league that someone posted above, most of the injuries there are not that serious and the players will be back in a matter of days in most cases. sure there are a lot of serious injuries but i just got 5 of them in two days and that's not realistic. it's just plain annoying.

i am at the very beginning of the season as Rangers, having played 8 pre-season games and without wishing to tempt fate i have had almost no injuries thus far.

I read on a earlier thread (cant remember where) about putting players on heavy training in pre-season...as irl this is what the players would undergo.....hard training to get them ready for the new season.

they all got match fit without issue and now i have brought the training levels down as the season has started. They are all on a medium training and once i start playing 2 matches a week during the season etc then i will bring it down further, as i only will undertake light training throughout the main season. This only what somebody else said, so i am going to see how it goes.

ps. i kept the youth set up on medium from the start as i didnt want to work the poor lambs too much!

Inziebear: I do the same thing basically, it's all strength/aerobic in the first few weeks of pre-season, then I switch to a more tactical training style, with fitness being a lower priority. I haven't had many injuries in the previous seasons, but this one just crippled the team. I lost the final two games (youth goalkeeper, terrible) and ended up dropping from second to seventh.

My fitness coaches are now fired, I am hoping this was their fault, not a bug in the game.

Hi Simon,

It does seem very strange to have played out like that, i do hope its a game issue rather than a bug and that is was just a big dose of bad luck on your part. You have probably done the right thing in seeking out new fitness coaches to be honest.

Best of luck for promotion ext season!

Archived