Still far too many injuries

Pop over to the bugs forum and there is a big thread.

Personally I find the new amount of injuries just right. I hated how on the older versions you only needed 11 starting players for all eternity. I like that I get rewarded for having a good sized squad. I like that I get to blood the youngsters.

But, like so many topics on these forums, I'm pretty much an island in this regard.

VB

Not quite an island - I'm pretty happy with the levels of injuries too. As soon as I went and altered the training schedules I noticed a significant drop in the number of injuries, and can't honestly remember the last time I had more than 2 first choice players ouit at the same time

the injuries are fine its just that people are so used to getting so few injuries in 08. GAH! every time i see one of these threads I start to think Boohoo by this stage. The thing is so many people are very happy with the way the game is, I cant feel that the minority are getting an injury crisis and presuming its a continuation of the bug.

Just my tuppence, im more than prepared to admit i may be wrong.

I was getting a lot of injuries so i went in to the editor and checked them out. Almost every injury has a high match injury percentage and an occurence ratio. I went through most of the injuries and lowered the percentage levels and occurence ratio and started a new game. I have had 1 injury in 4 months. It took me 20 mins to do. If you hate all the injuries then do it yourself, otherwise just put up with it.

I was getting a lot of injuries so i went in to the editor and checked them out. Almost every injury has a high match injury percentage and an occurence ratio. I went through most of the injuries and lowered the percentage levels and occurence ratio and started a new game. I have had 1 injury in 4 months. It took me 20 mins to do. If you hate all the injuries then do it yourself, otherwise just put up with it.

I just popped into the editor and looked for the injuries...found them but I have no idea what does what. Can you help a brother out and explain a little bit of this to a noob?

Injurys are shocking during games I feel....

Playing as Barcelona was 3-0 up against At.Madrid 70th min came along and I took off the big guns (Messi, Puyol and Xavi), 5 min later Henry, Helb and Pique have to leave the pitch because they have been injured :eek:. We won the game 3-2 but it happens way too much I think..........

Injurys are shocking during games I feel....

Playing as Barcelona was 3-0 up against At.Madrid 70th min came along and I took off the big guns (Messi, Puyol and Xavi), 5 min later Henry, Helb and Pique have to leave the pitch because they have been injured :eek:. We won the game 3-2 but it happens way too much I think..........

Agreed. Every time I use 3 subs someone gets injured.

What bothers me isn't so much the amount of injuries, but the period of time they are out for. I've not had a single injury which has been less than a month, it's always one or two months. I mean seriously, Anderson out for a month with a bruised jaw?

I agree. Amount of injuries seems OK - although the amount that force a player out of a game does seem high. The length is way out of whack though. Sprained ankles taking a month to heal? Yeah, they can. A lot of guys can walk fine and play the next day after spraining an ankle. Just tape it up, pop some painkillers, and let the adrenaline do the rest. Same goes for a lot injuries that are in and around the 1 month time period. My favorite is the gashed leg. Seriously?

Archived