Help Please - Games gone!

OK basically I clicked to save the game, got up to check on my food and as I was coming back I stepped on the wire to the computer and it pulled the plug outta the socket. I didnt know if the game had finished saving or not but when I tried to "load last game" it closed FM saying it couldnt load the game.

I guess I cut it off as it was still saving but is there any way to recover this? I know its unlikely but I figured I should find out 100% before starting all over again

Just took over Cardiff and guided them to 6 wins out of 8 after they had a run of 1 win in 12 and got them into 6th by 1 pt after 45 games so Im gutted if I lost it and I gotta start all over again

PS - I usually play as Villa but its so much more fun trying a lower league team, cant believe I just discovered that!

Off-topic... what tac are you using? I'm struggling to get my Cardiff side to perform the way I want - currently lying no. 14 out of 24. Not very satisfying, neither if you ask the board!

As to your prob, I don't think there's much you can do unless you've made a backup-save game (I guess not, stupid question?!). I always have a backup of the game I'm currently playing. Then I save my game on this backup on a regular basis if something should happen to the original savegame (for instance what happened to you, though it's a very rare example).

Next time use the auto-save option with rolling auto-saves. If you use the week option, you will only lose a match or two.

Yeah Ive started a new game now and turned that on. I always used to play on my laptop and it took AGES to save games so I never used the auto save, too annoying! My comp now is much much faster so Ill be using it from now on!

Off-topic... what tac are you using? I'm struggling to get my Cardiff side to perform the way I want - currently lying no. 14 out of 24. Not very satisfying, neither if you ask the board!

Well Im using a 4-1-3-2 (basically just used 442 and took 1 of my center mids into the DM role). I do think winning was more luck than judgement though which is what makes losing the game more annoying, I might not get so lucky again!

Archived