Installing on 2nd computer w/o dvd drive

Guest Nixen

Note: This has nothing to do with attempting piracy, my copy is fully legitimate.

I would like to install the game on my netbook that has no cd/dvd drive, however since my copy is the boxed version, and that I don't have access to an external drive, is it at all posible to do so?

Is it allowed to make an iso of the game disk and install it with some emulating program? And if so, what program could make that .iso?

Thanks in advance :)

Not neccesary! Get Steam on your second comp, go to 'activate a game code' and you can download your second completely legal copy for free!

I tried this but it doesn't seem to work. I installed steam on my second computer but when I went to "My Games" it shows that FM2009 is not installed. I contacted steam and they advised me to copy the 'steam.apps' file on to a flash drive (which I did) and then transfer it to steam but it doesn't seem to work. I tried pasting a shortcut to my desktop but whereas this comes up on the screen no amount of clicking an double clicking will get it going.

I am obviously doing something wrong but I don't know what.

When you say 'download the second game' - it took me 12 hours to download the first during which the other two computers on the network were more or less disabled until the download was complete. My wife uses her laptop for her internet business and was not amused (and that's putting it mildly)!

Archived