FM for Linux - the copy protection is BS

Guest Ilja

I have requested FM (CM) for Linux for many years, but the very arrogant reply I have gotten is that Linux users don't want to pay for software, so to develop FM for Linux would be a waste of money. Now, how come FM has a BS copy protection system that harasses paying customers, if not wanting to pay for software is not an issue on Windows? Pirates don't suffer from the copy protection, paying customers do.

I have requested FM (CM) for Linux for many years, but the very arrogant reply I have gotten is that Linux users don't want to pay for software, so to develop FM for Linux would be a waste of money. Now, how come FM has a BS copy protection system that harasses paying customers, if not wanting to pay for software is not an issue on Windows? Pirates don't suffer from the copy protection, paying customers do.

The world is not yet ready to accept the fact you can run an OS without paying lot of money, sooner or later someone will commence awakening from the deep sleep

this is complete BS i have windows vista but PREFER linux Ubuntu because its faster and if you learn it easier to use, anyways that aside i would willing pay fro any piece of software (cm01/02 x3 fm2008/2009) that i like, and i ran fm2008 under linux through wine even though ive got vista, why, because i didnt want to boot up vista, i agree with the OP please SI make this compatible if not natively then at least via wine

The same was said about a Mac version for a couple of years ago, and now there is a Mac version. Linux is bigger than Mac, so that doesn't make sense.

The same was said about a Mac version for a couple of years ago, and now there is a Mac version. Linux is bigger than Mac, so that doesn't make sense.

Would it be fair to say there's only one Leopard and many different Linux versions?

The company I work for doesn't produce it's programs for Linux either and does for Mac. Then again, we're 100% owned by Apple so that would make sense :D

It runs with wine, just without regens face-gen.

Facegen works just fine. Boy, my youths team are UGLY.

The only problem I had was with activation; The game runs just fine in WINE. If SI put in a few days effort, or even just collaborated with the users who made the effort to get it working again this year, they could easily, finally, say "For Windows, Mac or Linux", without doing any extra programming; the windows version would work just fine. Funnily enough, they could use the exact same code for Mac too in Cidar (the Apple version of WINE, get it?). So in fact, if SI chose to use wine for portability like oh, say, Google do, they could cut out a lot of programming (i.e. the entirity of Mac and the subsequent problems with a lack of activation and patches) and increase portability.

Archived