The Official FM 09 Regen Thread!

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have yet to see a regen with a high determination stat. Amazing really.

The one in first screenie is with 13. You could easily train him to 17-18 maybe even 20. Mental stats raise latter in playing career so if regens have over 10 in determination it is excellent.

hey hey here's a 2nd season regen only been a pro for a few months my assistant manager with 19 ja 17 jp says he is going to be better than joao mouthinho:)

p.s i have a weird dead pixel thing instead of there face

jorgepw8.jpg

w1280.png

picked him up off barca on a free:) same with a few good defenders off of them

got some more good regens coming in soon will post when they join

Another problem i noticed is that Wingers/AM's/CM's/FB's off the ball i always very low.

Also, dribbling for fullbacks. Short strikers with high heading. CM/AM/Wingers with high attribute for tackling. DM/FB and sometime CD's with low marking. Technical players with low Flair, or even the other way around. Aggression and Bravery are always low, or sometimes one is quite high and the other quite low. Determination is also a problem, as it's rare to see players with determination above 17 for example. Unbalanced attributes. And more.

Also, it disgust me how every regen have similar attributes.

I've simulated a game on Large database (9.0.1 official update) to february 2015, leagues are Argentina, Belgium, Brazil, England, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Russia, Scotland, Spain, Turkey, Ukraine and United Stations (all divisions loaded).

Here are some of the highest valued regens I've found as well as the highest valued u21/u23 youngsters of England, Brazil, Argentina and Italy + some random regens.

The lack of two-footedness in regens is very noticeable.

It could be worthwile to simulate further to see if two-footedness develops after age 22 but I doubt it.

As I can only upload 4 images at a time I've made a photobucket album with all 40 screenshots I toke as I can't be arsed to make 10 posts in a row :p: Regens album - feb 2015

Highest valued regen of the lot:

17Enrique.jpg?t=1227618993

• Administrators

In fairness guys there aren't that many players in the whole DB that are 'both' footed, in my current db out of around 26500 players, less than 500 are listed as being two footed.

I've had a few Newgens come through who are not 'Only' players - here are a couple below:

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/6950/footed1is2.jpg

http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/7316/footed2as8.jpg

I have seen regens with better two footedness, but stats wise not that great. For now I think all the great regens are one foot only. Hopefully SI will look into it for patch 9.02.

I took a quick glance at my game in 2030 and it seems that the majority are 'Right only' but there is a few with 'right'. Haven't seen a left footer but then again, I only looked at the best regens and didn't look at alot.

In fairness guys there aren't that many players in the whole DB that are 'both' footed, in my current db out of around 26500 players, less than 500 are listed as being two footed.

I've had a few Newgens come through who are not 'Only' players - here are a couple below:

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/6950/footed1is2.jpg

http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/7316/footed2as8.jpg

The regens in the picture looks great.

I understand that. However in the original database, at least we have world class players who are not "one footed only", their weaker foot is usually average and above.

For the regens, I notice most of the top players are hopelessly one footed only, which I think we should see more relatively top players with weaker foot on average and above.

• Administrators
The regens in the picture looks great.

I understand that. However in the original database, at least we have world class players who are not "one footed only", their weaker foot is usually average and above.

For the regens, I notice most of the top players are hopelessly one footed only, which I think we should see more relatively top players with weaker foot on average and above.

No I agree it's probably something that isn't quite right, I just wanted to make the point it isn't 'exclusively' Left and Right only - It's something we'll look into in regards of 'Both' footedness.

The one in first screenie is with 13. You could easily train him to 17-18 maybe even 20. Mental stats raise latter in playing career so if regens have over 10 in determination it is excellent.

You can't train determination. You can get somebody with high determination to tutor him though.

Is there some way of increasing the probability that good regens spawn at the club you are managing or is this completely random?

The thing that will probably help the most is improving the state of the club's youth facilities. Still the quality of regens coming through remains a bit of a matter of luck.

Don't really know if this is true in everyones game, but, like in previous versions, quality regens do seem to appear at the bigger clubs. With the exception of a few talented players coming through the ranks at lower clubs.

Also scout ratings of regens also seem to be influenced by the reputation of the club where they are at (just like in real life IMO). So regens from Man Utd and Barcelona get pretty high ratings from scouts, while lower league players with bigger potential might be overlooked.

I don't know of the CA (current ability) of regens at bigger clubs is also higher on average than that of lower league clubs.

The thing that will probably help the most is improving the state of the club's youth facilities. Still the quality of regens coming through remains a bit of a matter of luck.

Don't really know if this is true in everyones game, but, like in previous versions, quality regens do seem to appear at the bigger clubs. With the exception of a few talented players coming through the ranks at lower clubs.

Also scout ratings of regens also seem to be influenced by the reputation of the club where they are at (just like in real life IMO). So regens from Man Utd and Barcelona get pretty high ratings from scouts, while lower league players with bigger potential might be overlooked.

I don't know of the CA (current ability) of regens at bigger clubs is also higher on average than that of lower league clubs.

I should add to this, that some odd brilliant regens from "lesser nations" and regions like Africa and the Carribean also always seem to appear every once and a while. They seem to be a bit older when they appear on average though.

Archived