Leeds managers punished again!

Started at my beloved Leeds United guiding them to 2nd in league 1 and hten 4th in the Championship.

However building for the third season has been massively hampered by a takeover talk. It has gone on for 2 months which took all summer and meant that i couldnt make any bids for players, even loan bids. Its now 1st september, the embargo is still in place and i hvent been able to improve my squad save for a couple of free transfers.

this happened on 08 and i'd like to know why. Is it something to do with the fact its ken bates? or is it some kind of bug.

just annoying because ot takes away half the fun of the game in finding the players that will improve your team on the previous season.

There is a chance of a takeover at any club. It is not only set to happen at Leeds...it just did in your game.

Is a bit annoying for you that it has lasted all summer. That might be a bug of some sort. Check to see if there's anything in the known bugs. If not you may wanna post it over there so SI can have a look.

There is a chance of a takeover at any club. It is not only set to happen at Leeds...it just did in your game.

Is a bit annoying for you that it has lasted all summer. That might be a bug of some sort. Check to see if there's anything in the known bugs. If not you may wanna post it over there so SI can have a look.

cheers will do.

appreciate it can happen anywhere and indeed it has at other clubs ive managed on previous fm's, i remember losing my job at newcastle because of one even though i was flying. my main gripe is that the couple of times its happened with leeds it has always taken all summer and therefore ive not been able to make any transfers

In the Premiership. I finished 1st in League One by a mile, didn't sell anyone and got a few good loans like Carlton Cole.

In the Championship I got Arsenal as my parent club so got Merida and Bartley on loan and I whipped the league using a 4-4-2 tactic downloaded from the tactics forum (The Oxford one) and I finished with only 3 defeats in 46 games and 103 points......

Howson & Delph simply control the midfield!!!!!

I'm at the end of Season 2 so I await what money I will get to survive in the Premiership!

Serves you right for supporting the scum:D

Only joking, it's quite common for takeovers to be protracted in real life though but its a bit harsh if you can make NO transfers. Limited transfers would happen in real life maybe?

I'm a Leeds fan, so i had to post :)

I think pretty much every Leeds manager, real or fake gets punished these days lol.

I'm Leeds in the demo. Started League One off with 4 straight draws and only one goal!

Tried managing Leeds in 08 but the confidence bug thingy got me after about 15 games.

• 3 years later...

Archived