Computer turns off during game!

Im not sure if its my computer or because of the game itself but after say an hour of playing fm my computer just loses all power and shuts off!

is it my motherboard overheating?or is this a problem others have faced? the last time it happened it was during a game!

I have left my pc on for several hours without anything running and it has been fine, its only when im playing fm this happens!:confused:

I've had similar before...not with FM but with other games. That was overheating and it may be your problem. I'd suggest you clean out your case. Get rid of any dust clogging up the fan.

FM is demanding. It uses a lot of processing power. That would be why you notice this when playing FM and not when running nothing.

I had this on my Sony Vaio laptop which HAS NEVER done this before but it ONLY happens with FM09 and I know the cause.

With FM09 gobbling CPU power my laptop was simply overheating.

I now play with monitor, keyboard and mouse attached and close my laptop lid and turn the laptop upside down so the bottom gets well circulated and now it does not shut down.

cheers for the help!

i have cleaned out the dust from inside my case so i will see if this works!if not i will buy a new fan so thanks.:thup:

I think there is some free software which you can download which will tell you the CPU temperature.

You could check this at intervals to see if its overheating

An alternative is to put something under the laptop back corners, that is stable, to see if these aids the cooling process

cheers for the help!

i have cleaned out the dust from inside my case so i will see if this works!if not i will buy a new fan so thanks.:thup:

The program to look for is SpeedFan. It tells you your CPU temps.

Thats the one.

If its getting hot, cheap options are better fan / better heatsink

Not sure what your machine stats are, what CPU do you have. Perhaps its just being overworked

Archived