What Is Your Greatest Achievement On FM08

Well i would have to say that my greatest achievement is getting leed's united from league one to the premiership in two season .. and now am pushing hard to get them back in to Europe just missed out last season .. doesn't sound like much but really enjoying it icon14.gif .. what about yours people!!

Well i would have to say that my greatest achievement is getting leed's united from league one to the premiership in two season .. and now am pushing hard to get them back in to Europe just missed out last season .. doesn't sound like much but really enjoying it icon14.gif .. what about yours people!!

Firing Leigh into the Football League while still a semi-pro side for the 1st time was pretty good. I wasn't actually manager when it happened but it was the squad I had signed (I'd already taken them up from the Conference North the season after they came up and then took them to 14th and then 3rd)

Winning the Scottish Third Division with Dumbarton. Again not a great achievement but it's the only thing I've won on the game. Currently in third season having second season in Div 2 and challenging from the play-offs but it's tough.

I'm so pleased though because I was struggling so much with the game and finding it hard to get into a game as a team then I had a good first season with Dumbarton and now I'm hooked again icon_smile.gif

Mine's probably getting Dorchester Town to the Premiership, although the biggest achievement for that is actually having a save that lasted that long.

Although my greatest achievement of all time (assuming achievement to be doing something that should be impossible) was getting fired after two years with Nigeria, who I took over when they were ranked 6th in the world, and managed to get knocked out in the African Cup of Nations Group Stages, losing to two sides ranked in the 100s, and leaving them 32nd in the world. (I finished second in the qualifying group to Libya) I was very proud of that!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Getting 16 goals in a single game </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who against and who were you?

Thats a hell of alot of goals to score.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AcidBurn:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Getting 16 goals in a single game </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who against and who were you?

Thats a hell of alot of goals to score. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was Hitchin and I was facing Merthyr Tydfil, But I had a future prospect on loan from Manchester, since they are my parent feeder. He scored 7 of the 16 goals wile my second Striker scored 3 and my defense pitched in 6 goals. It was a great game for me since it was a FA Cup challenge.

I managed to get Hucknall from the Blue Square North into League One after 7 stupidly hard seasons. The my complete lack of money let me down and as I could not get any good players I was promptly relegated!

I was fit to burst when I won promotion to L1 after a playoff with Notts County.

Mine is probably being the only human manager to fail to win a league in his entire, cross-game, career. I must have played about 50-60 seasons worth of FM08 and have never won the Premier League. I have finished 2nd numerous times and once won the UEFA Cup, but thats about it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by morgantjg:

Mine is probably being the only human manager to fail to win a league in his entire, cross-game, career. I must have played about 50-60 seasons worth of FM08 and have never won the Premier League. I have finished 2nd numerous times and once won the UEFA Cup, but thats about it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think this is where I slink in and raise my hand. I haven't reached 60 seasons, but I've played quite a few, and not won the Premiership yet.

Well this might sound stupid to some people, but my best achievement SO FAR on FM08 is getting Montrose promoted from the scottish third division to scottish second division lol.

Why? because we were tipped for bottom of the league, and i ended up as champions. Then the second season with them we finished 5th in division two even though we was once again tipped to be battling relegation.

These seasons by the way will be a part of my upcoming Update thread in the LLM forum icon_biggrin.gif which will be up just as soon as I get home from my girlfriends an back on my own computer.

Archived