Chairman has left my side toothless

I had 4 strikers at my side who were in my premiership team, macauley chrisantus was a fringe player who got about 20 games last season, then Altidore and Lewandowski the main pairing and Darcheville as back-up.

Darcheville announces retirement, my chairman accepts arsenals 24m bid for Lewandowski (of which only 1.5m is upfront, mainly being made up with appearances and goals clauses), when it came to Altidore my chairman accepted a 10m bid and a 8m bid for macauley chrisantus. The total money that has come in from these 3 sales initially is 3.7m and about 12m has gone on my budget. I've now got 15m to bring in 4 more strikers and it begs belief that my chairman would sell my entire first team strike force, one player I could understand but I've not even got my decent young strikers to rely on because I've already loaned them out.

How the hell do I deal with this?

£15m should be enough to bring in some strikers, have you not got any youth players coming through the ranks? - You should have at least one striker in the reserves who is playable, apart from that I would scoot on over to the Good Player section and look out for some bargains.

Have you had a press conference since? I think the question will get raised by a journalist, maybe by making your annoyance public, and then asking for more transfer funds - you may get a few extra ££

No not had a press conference (pre-season) and I have 2, but both are out on season long loans with no recall clause, and they aren't premiership standard yet, but to maintain the boards expectations I need a couple of reliable goal scorers now as I need to make the top half and most of my initial budget went on improving midfield. I've also got arsenal bombarding me with offer after offer for one of my young prodigy's only a matter of time before my chairman accepts.

Got Johan Elmander who hardly inspires confidence despite having the stats to suggest he should. Keirrison might be coming for 11m but those 2 will take up all 15m and I'm going to be without any cover other than nathan delfoeunso who isn't very well developed. I can understand the chairman selling one player from under me, or even all 3 if all the money was upfront but its not taken these transfers into consideration very well.

10m of the Lewandwoski deal is after he scores 20 goals for arsenal, he's unlikely to make the first team fromt he start so I may never see that and another 2.5m after 10 more international appearances which is something I should see sooner or later.

Got delfouenso on a free, hardly a decent striker though with no composure, work rate etc so he's my backup behind keirrison, im going with more of a 4-5-1 it has forward arrows to emulate a 4-3-3.

This should stop happening to this degree. Selling a teams entire platoon of strikers is almost always going to be ridiculous.

And I am going to once more restate my idea that:

We need the option to declare an ULTIMATUM if a Chairman decides to sell one of your (key) players.

Like thus.

-------------------------------

Chairman Bob Scrooge informs you that he has decided to accept Manchester City's £35 Million Offer for Fernando Torres, as he feels it is to good to turn down.

Rafa Benitez responds with an Ultimatum: If you sell Fernando Torres, who is an irreplacable key part of my team, then I will be forced to resign.

Yea, obviously you couldn't have the option with every player, maybe like designate one or two players you feel are talismanic, my side have been ravaged, with the deliberate implementation of a new midfield in my side it was already going to need some settling time to get my side back on form, now, I've got to line up with 6 completely new players which is going to be difficult for any team to adjust too.

Give them a ultimatum to bring in more funds for transfers.

There's always the chance of getting sacked but without decent strikers sooner or later you might end up sacked anyway.

Another option is gambling and go for cheap listed players.

Just save and then try it. If you get sacked then just reload the game.

This should stop happening to this degree. Selling a teams entire platoon of strikers is almost always going to be ridiculous.

And I am going to once more restate my idea that:

We need the option to declare an ULTIMATUM if a Chairman decides to sell one of your (key) players.

Like thus.

-------------------------------

Chairman Bob Scrooge informs you that he has decided to accept Manchester City's £35 Million Offer for Fernando Torres, as he feels it is to good to turn down.

Rafa Benitez responds with an Ultimatum: If you sell Fernando Torres, who is an irreplacable key part of my team, then I will be forced to resign.

I really like that idea. Keegan did the same, more or less. Luckily none of them were actually sold (though they were offered to other clubs).

Archived