Winning "more satisfying"

With the level of difficulty seemingly higher in this version of FM, does anybody else find that winning games is more satisfying than before?

I've taken on Newcastle for a new season, and starting with an opening 1-0 win over Chelsea I took a lot of delight from that. Lost 1-0 to Man U in the next game (albeit in the 92nd minute!), then took a 2-0 league cup win over Sheff Wed. 1-0 loss to Bolton on he road, but another away trip to Villa gave me my third win of the season, 1-0.

Each win very satisfying and with the benefit of the new view, very enjoyable to watch - Grinding out results, playing the game the way the game is played IRL.

I'm also at Newcastle and I've just played my first game of the season which was away at Man Utd. We drew 0-0. I can honestly say that it meant more to me than any victory I achieved on FM08 when I managed Man Utd.

Yes, Newcastle seems like a very fun team to take on.

Transfer embargo at the moment as Ashley is selling up and the whole experience is having an effect on the players.

Grinding out results against everyone, defending well while maintaining plenty of possession with a five man midfield (signed Scott Brown and Morgaro Gomis). Martins, Owen and Xisco can't score for toffee mind you, but as long as Geremi, N'Zogbia and Jonas are pitching in with the goals, I'm happy.

Just beat Wigan 2-0 at home. Again, a text book win.

Delighted to have kept four clean sheets so far, in only six games! Tight marking and defensive mentality seems to do the job with Newcastle.

Yes, I guess so. I'm currently trying to drag myself out of the relegation zone, where as in the past I would have been able to at least finish in the top half regardless of the quality of the team. It's got me fiddling around with set pieces and such in the hope of doing better, where in the past I would have let them at default and enjoyed quite a bit of success.

I agree - Just scraped a 1-1 draw with league leaders Liverpool at Anfield earlier and it was like a win!

I'm in the same boat as you Niall - my strikers are not firing on all cylinders. Ameobi - yes Ameobi is the one pitching in with the goals and I've just signed Ronaldo on a free transfer to bolster my options so hopefully he'll help!

I agree, goals in general are awesome as in real life your just waiting for it and it comes from no where.

FM08 had too many goals and was too easy to win.

I think it has alot to do with the build up too, possession football is higher priority in this years game

The Newcastle season continues and again wins are like gold - 1-1 with Stoke and I snatched a goal in the 92nd minute to win 2-1 - was such an opportunist goal too, from Owen - his first of the season. Managing to get strikers playing better with a 4-4-2 but stopping my centre mids from pushing forward - Martins scored my first of the game, his 4th in 8 games.

Archived