England Trialist I Vs England Trialist II

Have just seen in the fixture list during pre-season a match between England Trialist I and England Trialist II, this is the first time I have seen this, and I think is a nice addition to the game.

When I checked the squads of the two teams, it turned out to be players who had been released from their club contracts, now as I am managing Spurs, I didn't like the look of any of the players, but I can imagine if I was playing a LLM game, or even Championship game, this match would have been of interest to me.

Anyone else seen this, or had any joy getting some players from the two squads.

Big thumbs up to SI on this one.

You get a message early in a season asking if you would like to attend one of the triallist matches. As Bournemouth I found a few nice players but only signed one of them. The other ones that were interested were probably more suitable for the Conference and below.

I think there is still a bit of the a problem with players released by Chelsea and co not wanting to move to lower division teams. I didn't see them getting contracts with Championship or League 2 sides though. There was a Portuguese sounding player, released by Chelsea, that wouldn't even consider me.

Still it is a nice feature and I'll most definitely use it again.

• 6 months later...

Yeah great addition to the game.

Playing in league 1 with a poor squad i picked up a quality young right back who had been released by Spurs and a year on my coaches rate him as a decent player for the premier league!

I used to be notified of this match when i was in the lower leagues but since making it to the prem they've stopped.

They're usually pretty high scoring games too lol. I saw the spanish one the other day, team II won 6-5, shame i missed that gem of a match haha

Archived