flaming 4-1-3-2

Ok so here goes this is my tactic which I derived from a FM PC formation that has served me well down the years. It has improved the fortunes of my pompey side who finished 15th in 1st season then 5th in second along with just recently 5th and League Cup and FA Cup Winners in my third season.

I have found this tactic creates a lot more chances than it has with other tactics. The only problem I have with it is no matter what instructions I try simply cannot get full backs to play consistently. Also the striker who holds up the ball as a kind of target man will not get many goals but get assists (set to through balls) and finish with 7's and 8's a lot due to high pass rate...Perhaps I don't need this as is too restrictive on one striker?

Looks like this;

.................GK

RB...........CB..........CB...........LB

.................DMC.......................

RM.............CM.......................LM

.............S............S................

RM and LM are on the wings with forwards runs arrows...

Instructions for team are;

Attacking

Normal

Hard

Yes

No

No

No

Player Instructions;

Passing; All Team except DMC-long and CM Short

Tackling; All Team

Pressing; Team, Yes, Yes, No, No, No, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes

Pass to; RLC except DMC, MR and ML set Centre

Set Pieces not changed

Free Role CM

Forwards Runs, All Yes except GK, DC,DC and one FC,

Run with Ball; All midfielders and strikers

Hold up Ball; DMC and FC

Long Shots; all midfielders and strikers.

Through Balls; CM and FC

Cross Ball; DR, DL, MR, ML

Marking all zonal except DC, DC, DMC, none for strikers

DMC has long passing to work as almost a quarterback for stringing out long passes, seems to work a treat with Diarra. have CM in a free role and set to short passes (perhaps think this needs changing) my thinking behind this was having them get into space and quickly rolling out the quick passes to those around him....

I am by no means saying this tactic is perfect and would welcome any input people have to give...Also would love it if people tried it out with their teams and let me know how they get on...

He said can you upload your tactic as then some of us could have a tactics competition, when all he did was modify mine a bit :p

ah right fair enough lol.. I'm not sure how great my tactic is now...in 4th season with pompey and after two 5th places now struggling down in 18th after 11 games!

Super tactic - even though it seems impossibel to win more than 2-0 (playing as Tottenham). And Diarra is probably the best in the game for the DMC role. He keeps getting high match rating for me.

How is the DMC set on Run With Ball and Long Shots?

Best regards,

Leron

good tatics, i used it and gerrard score from the set piece, i using liverpool. most of the time my team shot on goal is very low for the whole match is 6 . but now after using, the shot on goal rate is already 5 shot for half time per match.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived