Works fine for week now tells me it doesn't

Hi,

I have been playin on fm09 all week and has worked fine until this morning it turned off!

Ive uninstalled, re-installed it 4times and it starts ok until it gets to the first game in the season, and turns off! an error message comes up on the screen and the game dissappears!:mad::mad::mad:

The message says something about invalid tokens and full_window!! im really confused

someone please help!!

thanks

Plese start it again and write down the complete error message. Why do people always post. I get this error message everytime I press continue to start a match. I can't be bothered supplying SI with the complete error message. The fact that I say the game is not working should tell them everyting they need to know to solve my problem.

It ****ed me off, sorry about that. Was ment in general, not directed just at the OP

Look in the known issues and solutions sticky and it should tell you how to fix it. The message is something like xml parsing error and invalid tokens. the solution was to delete the setting and cache folder in your appdata folder. look at the sticky for more info.

Open up the game, goto Preferences-->Display Sound and there should be a drop down box which lets you select windowed mode.

Failing that, locate your FM0 shortcut and right click it and choose properties. In the target line box you should see the patch to FM at the end add a space and type in "-small_screen -windowed" without the speech marks.

Thanks for ur help, the game doesn't end now but the messages still come up when you go into a match so its annoyin!!

The error messages are..

XML Parsing Error

not well formed (invalid token) at line 1 of camera.xml

not well formed (invalid token) at line 1 of full_window

• 1 month later...
Thanks for ur help, the game doesn't end now but the messages still come up when you go into a match so its annoyin!!

The error messages are..

XML Parsing Error

not well formed (invalid token) at line 1 of camera.xml

not well formed (invalid token) at line 1 of full_window

Try the following:

Delete the cache folder for settings:-

XP

1. Open up any folder on your machine. Go Tools > Folder Options > View Tab and tick 'Show hidden files and folders'

2. Go here

C:\Documents and Settings\<User Name>\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009

and delete the settings folder

VISTA

A.

1. Close all programs so that you are at your desktop. Click on the Start button. This is the small round button with the Windows flag in the lower left corner. Click on the Control Panel menu option.
  2. When the control panel opens you can either be in Classic View or Control Panel Home view:
    If you are in the Classic View do the following: Double-click on the Folder Options icon. Click on the View tab.
  3. Go to step 5.

4. If you are in the Control Panel Home view do the following:Click on the Appearance and Personalization link . Click on Show Hidden Files or Folders.
  5. Go to step 5. Under the Hidden files and folders section select the radio button labeled Show hidden files and folders. Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide extensions for known file types. Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide protected operating system files. Press the Apply button and then the OK button and shutdown My Computer.
  6. Now Windows Vista is configured to show all hidden files.

B. Go here

C:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\

and delete the settings folder

That should stop the parsing error from showing up. I'm assuming you already downloaded it based on your post but if you haven't the suggested remedy for frequent parsing errors is to download Microsoft XML Parser latest version. Do a search as I'm sure links have been posted before (alternatively try google).

Game already running

Open Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Delete), click the Processes tab, locate the fm.exe process, highlight it and click 'End Process'. You can ignore the stability warnings etc. and press OK. Then start FM again.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived