Hall of fame...for players

Lesh

I was thinking: wouldn't it be great to have a hall of fame page for the players such as the one for managers?

I mean a place where you could go and see detailed statistics of former players (Pele, Maradona, Platini, Zidane etc) their careers and maybe some miscellaneous facts.

Eg.: Zidane

clubs he played in,

trophees he won,

no. of international caps/goals,

with which players he had good/bad relationships,

which managers influenced him the most,

his trademark skill,

his knickname,

best/worst moment of his career,

maybe a picture...etc.

There could be a limited no. of players who can enter this panel, maybe depending on the importance of the trophees they won, their skills and influence in the game.

It would be great to see after some time how your favourite players who retire enter this hall of fame: Maldini, Giggs, Zanetti, Gerrard, Del Piero, Messi

...or maybe somewhere in 2040 a player you brought up and took great care in improving his skills enters the hall of fame and cites you as his biggest influence :rolleyes:

Anyways, I was thinking about this last night when after finishing my 1st season with Inter, I saw Figo retiring and all that was left of a magical player with a great career was just a four letter word :(

Would like to know what's your opininon on this possible addition...(sorry if there was a similar thread, I diidn't find one) :)

I think it would be a pretty good idea too, although I think it would be best implemented with maybe a top 20 list or something which changes from season to season so as not to take up too much space etc.

BTW peter-evo, totally off topic but it just caught my eye that you joined the site on my birthday last year. Kudos to you! lol

I think it would be a pretty good idea too, although I think it would be best implemented with maybe a top 20 list or something which changes from season to season so as not to take up too much space etc.

BTW peter-evo, totally off topic but it just caught my eye that you joined the site on my birthday last year. Kudos to you! lol

Ha Ha, right by christmas aye ;)

I agree that it would have to change every few years as otherwise it would be a one-look feature that is forgotten about over a few months.

Archived