The Press Always Know!

We can make player negotiations/bids private, so why can't we make job applications private as well?

I've been considering leaving FC Bayern and making the move to Italy, i've made a few applications, but never built up the courage to actually leave my Allianz Arena safe haven. Every application I make is immediately followed by a press question about why i'm considering leaving, and the possible answers are never positive.

I know most managerial moves are predicted in the papers and information leaked, but Redknapp's move to Spurs came out of the blue and i'd like the option to keep my applications private, so as not to annoy the fans. I'd also like to be given some kind of timeline re when i'd find out i'd been successful or not, it took Juventus 6 weeks to tell be I wasn't of the required standard.

It's not 100%, the odd time you will apply and within one click of continue you will have been offered the job and the press don't have the time to get invovled. Otherwise, the press usually get wind of the application.

Do you really think it's a bug though (i've no idea) I thought it happened because the choice to make it private wasn't there?

If it's not 100% then it's unlikely to be a bug... just your original post says "Every application I make is immediately followed by a press question about why i'm considering leaving, and the possible answers are never positive." - which would suggest it is 100%... try to be more careful with wording in future ;)

Archived