What affects player value?

I know that you can't just slap a 40m tag on every player in your squad, it wouldn't work in real life so no reason why it should here -but I did think that if you altered the asking price for someone and a club made an offer upto or over that price then should that not increase the players' value? Someone is willing to pay it so the player is worth it, atleast to that club.

I have a player at 12k who is not transfer listed but I was getting bombarded with 12k offers so increased his asking price to 250k. A team immediately offered 130k yet his value remains just 12k.

What affects a players increase/decrease in value? Every one of my 250-450k 16 year old under-19's squad are worth more than my entire senior squad combined.

The 12k player in question is Paul McHale and the team is Dundee.

The club he plays at plays a part as well, you can have a wonderkid at barnsley for example for 3 million value, if he played for man utd he would maybe be worth 10 million say, at least thats what i've noticed.

The club he plays at will affect his reputation rather than the actual value, so yeah in a round about way it does have an affect, but indirectly so.

Player values seem to change very rapidly, though - and somewhat arbitrarily. In my Hibs-game, Steven Fletcher goes from 5 million pounds down to 1.8 million and up again, in a matter of days/weeks. Same with a lot of other players. This makes it a bit difficult to plan transfers etc. One example: One player is valued at 850K. I offer him to clubs for sale at 1.5 million pounds. Next day - a note saying no offers. I go back and look at the player and he's valued at 120K! These changes happen with or without me offering player to clubs, regardless of player playing badly or well in a game (or not playing at all). Surely this has to be a bug?

One example: One player is valued at 850K. I offer him to clubs for sale at 1.5 million pounds. Next day - a note saying no offers. I go back and look at the player and he's valued at 120K! These changes happen with or without me offering player to clubs, regardless of player playing badly or well in a game (or not playing at all). Surely this has to be a bug?

I don't think it's a bug, but maybe you should report it just in case.

Perhaps the reason his value has dropped, is that you have offered him to other clubs so he obviously surplus to requirements, that would affect anyones value IMO.

I have noticed player values changing rapidly as well for no obvious reason. I had a 1st team player worth 600k one week, 3 million the next and then back to 600k despite no apparant change in his situation or form.

Now that does sound like a bug, perhaps you should post it with some screenies or a save in the bugs forum.

Archived