Love the game, but just got my first worrying incident

Hello,

I am playing the boxed version of FM09 and I have not patched it (nor do I want to). I have the game set up exactly as I want it, the injuries issue isn't really affecting me (good training, World class physios, rotation ploicy).

However, went to offer Mascherano a new contract (so I can up his minimun fee release clause, as Madrid are hovering). I then got this 'Array Access out of Bounds error'. I have searched and found some issues with split screen replays (doesn't apply, TV mode for me).

Can someone let me know if this is easily fixed, or if I can never renew contracts without patching? Really don't want to tempt fate and patch this as I have read some of the issues people have had!

wth?

Without the patch there are even more problems. I really dont understand your logic.

I had so many issues authenticating, and it seems a bit of a lottery as to whether the game palys well on your system or not, that I don't want to take the chance of it going wrong by patching (as people have said it might). I have it set up perfectly, I am loving the game, so why patch it?

Just wondered if the renew contracts thing could be prevented

You should patch, as for the array issue it is a random one we have difficulty reproducing and it happens rarely within the game. Re-offer and it should be all right.

Thanks for the advice,

Like I say, not a dicky bird so far in terms of glitches for me. I will try again, and I hope it is just a random one-off occurence.

I certainly haven't had anything to suggest that it was coming, everything runs beautifully

Array thing sounds like a data issue (i.e. unlikely to be fixed with patch unless that data for player/contract was updated).

If you are really that worried about ruining your game with a patch which is intended as an improvement to the game :D then you can always copy your save game elsewhere, apply the patch, play on... and if you find some killer problem (which you are very unlikely to!) you can uninstall FM and reinstall the vanilla version, bringing your old save across.

I must sound like a real wimp, but I just don't want anything to stop my mighty Liverpool game I 'm enjoying so much!

I will do as you suggest, but I will track you down if it ruins it.........;)

My bags are packed and I have a one way ticket to Rotherham. You'll never find me! Wait a minute...

you play unpatched? How can you field a team to play with all them injuries?

I don't find them bad at all. I am in January 09 and my ONLY injury is Torres (due back next week).

My team normally start a game between 95 and 100% fit, and although towards the end of the games I make sure I sub players around the 70-75% fit level, I don't have any real problems.

All of my physios are 20 for physiotherapy, and 19 or 20 for Man Management. Also, my training is 7 star for fitness.

I reckon rotation, training and physios are the key. I have had 3 payers out at the same time only once so far.

Do you see NOW why I don't want to risk patching?

Errr nope,

Your just gonna have to put me out of my misery - I cannot wait to see what it is your gonna say!

I'm not going to say anything. I used your quote to answer that guys question.

He asked How can you field a team if you have so many injuries, and i pointed out that you already said that injuries were not effecting you.

Da-na!

Archived