Directors harder to please?

I'm managing Newcastle, half-way through the season, and currently 7th in the table. Admittedly I went out of the FA Cup in the 3rd round and the League Cup in the 3rd round (seems to happen all the time to me for some reason), and the directors are "very unhappy" with me. As far as I can tell the directors didn't seem to care about the cups in previous FMH games, but I'm guessing it must be because of that because 7th is currently a very "respectable league position". So I'm wondering if the directors have been changed to be more unforgiving and/or to take cup competitions into account?

I had one game in hand and 3 points from 1st in the EPL with Man Utd, 1-0 home leg advantage over Barcelona in quarters of Champs League and they were 'very unhappy' with me. They do seem quite expectant this year...

yeah i have had a similar thing with Man Utd. I was second to Man City by 4 points, and had 2 games in hand, i already won the League Cup and was in the final for the Champions League and the F.A Cup!

but on the other hand, in me second season, i was in 1st place in the league, won the League Cup and still in both F.A Cup and Champions League but it said,

'please ingore the supporters calls for your resignation, you have our total support!'

they are too demanding i think this year i was sacked as Man.Utd manager 2 months into the game despite being in all competitions and only being beaten 3 times, i had no forewarning either just one message about the fans and then the next day i was sacked!

Archived