FM09 AFTER PATCH - opinions?

I am paid this Thursday and have to decide to buy the game or not.

I downloaded the demo(strawberry version) via steam to find it unplayable due to being riddled with bugs so I have just uninstalled it now.

After applying the patch has the game been sorted? I just don't want to buy the game now if I can't play it until months down the line after numerous patches.

Buy it. The game is ok but so damn hard these days.

Back in the day, it was easier and while I think it should be harder, it's gone too far down that road.

I mean, take Barcelona - they can't stop scoring irl, in FM world, I couldnt get Eto'o to hit more than 1 in 10.

Team was playing well, 60-70% etc, but not carving out chances...

Same story that a lot of people are finding.

But, I'm working on things and I'm sure there is something that I'm not doing correctly.

Shame though, the "fun" is getting smaller each year with this game.

I can cope with daft bugs, but when there are bugs that stop you from playing the game then that's where i will draw the line. I have never complained about my dissapointments with features or silly bugs as I feel the good always outweighs the bad with the FM series. To be honest it's only the last 2 games that I have even notice anything wrong in the game

As long as it is playable I will purchase it, otherwise i'll stick with FM 08 which after patching never caused me any problems at all.

What bugs were stopping you from playing the demo game?

The demo was perfectly playable for most, so I'd be keen to know what issues you were having before recommending it or not.

Personally, anyway, I'd say that, especially with the patch, it's an exceptional game, SI's best for years.

Whenever i clicked on a staff member the game would freeze or crash, this happened each time i loaded it back up to play again. Whether it was a staff member on my team or another team, and it did not matter what country i went to manage in.

This was the main issue really, so I could not play the game at all, therefore uninstalling it.

To be honest its probably the usual story, after a couple of patches the game will be fine but until then it does have quite a few issues with it.

Its playing fine on my PC but there is still alot of fine tuning needed. I think the game is good but for some reason this year is the only year that I've not played it regualr after buying it which I put down to the problems SI created in getting the game registered. Just think it has put me off the game and SI in general unfortunately.

Archived